Breeders cup

Karakontie is interesting in the Mile at a fairly big price. Have to oppose Toronado and Pease has a couple of Breeders Cup wins on his CV. I reckon he used the Foret as a prep for the horse. Shame about his draw though.

Magician in theory should not be bigger than Telescope for the Turf but the jockey bookings kind of make those odds justified

Last edited:
AKTABANTAY'S best performance this season was when an excellent second to Eskidhbaar, beaten 4.5 lengths off level weights at Newmarket in July.
The form worked out well when Eskidhbaar beat War Envoy at Doncaster over a length giving that horse three pounds.
So they are not a million miles apart by any means, (Aktabantay & War Envoy).
This is supported by The Lagardere form which saw War Envoy only a length ahead of Aktabantay.

Both of them were equally priced that day but at Santa Anita Way Envoy is priced at 5/1 and Aktabantay at 14's.
The Aidan O Brien factor takes hold again but it's a no brainer for me choosing Aktabantay at those odd's.
Hugo Palmer is not in the top bracket of trainers in the U.k but doesn't seem the type of bloke who would send one there without a hope in hells chance either. I think this one will go off shorter.

Last edited:
Wouldn't back Toronado with someone else's around SA. Needs a stiff test, and took him all day to get on top off the strongest of paces in last season's Sussex. This track is a piece sharper than Goodwood.
Haven't looked at the full card yet, but Dank to repeat her F & M triumph looks the strongest bet at the mo.

I must admit that while this was once one of my highlight Saturday nights, I am finding it hard to get interested.

I attended last year and thought - a good December Saturday card at Navan would be more enjoyable.

Was really interesting when Henrythenavigator and Raven's Pass went over and Sir Henry won with that good Abdullah horse.....The peak for me was the year Zenyatta won and the year she lost....the build up and just everything was amazing and i'll nver forget the Zenyatta shuffle...............THEN boom!! was like someone put a ban on European horses.....we had Frankel and who cared what was happening elsewhere.

I think peoples attention was being directed elsewhere and by the time it came to the Breeders we were thinking Sprinter Sacre.

Horses like Frankel and SS do that to you.........everything else seems to be that bit duller.

I was about to ask when it was starting but decided to look on oddschecker............Yikes it's tomorrow.......I should read more:lol:

Looking just at the betting I like the look of the fav Flintshire in the Breeders

Wouldn't back Toronado to win at any price but he could be worth a place bet.

The rest of the race seem to be made up of a bunch of horses I have never heard of

Will look at the card and have 50 quid on both but there's very little chance I will stay up to watch it as I am 6 hours ahead of you guys.

No Marble before you ask I don't get the results 6 hours ahead of you :cool:

Surprised with toronado oposition
good draw , lightly raced this season and more than 7 pounds in hand,
i think he wins this race easily

about the Meeting
i agree with an capall
not the joy it was in the past.

flintshire should run very well on this ground too

Surprised with toronado oposition

Maybe its the Hannons record with runners outside of Europe? Has he ever won a big one? I can't remember any although the sample size may not be huge

Magician is out of the Turf I see

Last edited:
re the views that it's not what it was because there is less European interest in terms of quality, while I'd sort of agree I would suggest reading Muscat's thoughts in today's RP.

He quite rightly (IMO) comments that although short on great Ryder Cup style Euro vs USA bouts the USA really do have this right as unlike the flat season finales in GB, Ireland & France battling for turnout, there is no opposition to their annual jamboree.

And while I long for the days when I'd settle down for the evening with a few beers to see whether Dayjur could beat the yankee sprinters in their own back yard, I still enjoy seeing the cream of their horses (from North, East, South & West) taking each other on.

I loved the Maguigan Cruz fight in Vegas (pity about the result) but equally, if not more so, was enthralled by the Leonard v Duran fights.

Unfortunately we do not currenty have any horses from either continent that can claim to be a Leonard or Duran, with the possible exception of Shared Belief, but that's indicitive of a relatively poor year more than other circumstances.

I still preferred it when it moved around the country a bit more regularly though, however impressive Santa Anita is to look at.

and FWIW I think Dank is a shoe-in and the 2/1 is great value.

Free As A Bird has been scratched from the Turf Sprint after refusing to board her flight

If she runs and is over her Ascot race, I reckon Chicquita will be miles too good for any filly or mare the Americans can throw her way.

But I'm not sure I would watch the meeting if they transferred it to my back garden.

Last edited:
I'm not a jumps only guy like Grassie and Granger but it has to be said, the Charlie Hall is vastly more interesting than any of these American races.

Magician a loss though Mustajeeb is the interesting one as Frankel says.
Colin Murphy has one in turf sprint with Ryan Moore booked to ride.
No Nay Never looks tasty here though.
Europeans have an excellent record at Santa Anita so never fear.
Even Wetherby has turned its head towards flat racing so enjoy the Charlie Hall while you can lads !!!!:p

I think it's because Toronado lacks that something. It like he's a second rate Canford Cliffs and it's very easy to imagine him being beat..

I think he'll be placed for sure and will bet him accordingly but he's not a horse who gives you that special buzz.

I just feel he doesn't have the armoury to find enough if a speed horse like his former stablemate comes rattling though

If he wins fair enough but he wouldn't carry my money to do so against unknowns to me.

If she runs and is over her Ascot race, I reckon Chicquita will be miles too good for any filly or mare the Americans can throw her way.

But I'm not sure I would watch the meeting if they transferred it to my back garden.

You may be right DO but she could still come last as she's running in the Turf ;)

AKTABANTAY'S best performance this season was when an excellent second to Eskidhbaar, beaten 4.5 lengths off level weights at Newmarket in July.
The form worked out well when Eskidhbaar beat War Envoy at Doncaster over a length giving that horse three pounds.
So they are not a million miles apart by any means, (Aktabantay & War Envoy).
This is supported by The Lagardere form which saw War Envoy only a length ahead of Aktabantay.

Both of them were equally priced that day but at Santa Anita Way Envoy is priced at 5/1 and Aktabantay at 14's.
The Aidan O Brien factor takes hold again but it's a no brainer for me choosing Aktabantay at those odd's.
Hugo Palmer is not in the top bracket of trainers in the U.k but doesn't seem the type of bloke who would send one there without a hope in hells chance either. I think this one will go off shorter.

Goodbye flat season :)

Just a heads up, but if you have no account with Racebets they are offering a no deposit free £5 bet on the antepost market (you still get the £50 sign up offer too)

Wouldn't usually post something like this within a race thread but as the offer is race specific and free thought it was worth putting in

£5 free bet offer for new accounts.

This bet can only be placed on Saturday’s Breeders Cup ante-post market and on Saturdays Breeders’ Cup day of race market. New accounts must mobile verify to use the free bet. To avail of this £5 free bet offer for new accounts please do the following
1. Register with RaceBets through this link CLICK HERE FOR RACEBETS
2. Simply enter the bonus code WATCHBCLIVE in “My Account” -> “Bonus” section and the £5 free bet is there for you to do as you please All new customers can also avail of our 100% matched first deposit bonus up to £50.

CLICK HERE FOR RACEBETS

No doubt I will have my 2-3k in the placepot pool and the divi will be £25 as it does year in year out,one day there will be a result and pay fortunes..

Just noting that Hills will be refunding (as a free bet) all stakes if 2nd in all B.C. races. :eek:
Via mobile site or App only, and does not apply to Tote bets.

Back