Breeders cup

I think Mustajeeb can win the mile tonight. Trained by the genius Dermot Weld, he looks to have been laid out for this. His last run behind Bow Creek is solid and that was his first run after a break. The tight track and fast ground should be right up his street. He's still lightly raced after only 7 starts and can improve agian with a lot in his favour. He's obviously going to need the splits at the right time but he represents good value at 6's. Toronado is obviously the form horse but round this tight track with Hughes on it's not hard to see him finding trouble

Thanks EC, you couldn't of seen that winning, but took 12's e/w so:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Leigh Court in the next for me (speed figs & recent form look good) (No 3yo winner in last 8)

I was thinking the same - for a horse with well documented breathing problems, he didn't exactly give him much of a chance to breathe at all!

I have been remarkably consistent tonight - 6 2nds, 2 3rds & 2 4ths but no effing winner. And all on to win!

Hughes lost his head, shocking ride
worst ride I have seen since Harp Star in the Arc

Last edited:
The only thing worse was some dopey blonde singing the best is yet to come.

Only hope she is right and Shared Belief storms home

Allegedly Horse Racing's World Cup and 2 and a half pages of fairly disinterested comment on a vibrant message board populated by equine anoraks.

Sums up the event for me. Should have went to the pictures.

I ought the racing was excellent despite not backing a winner (another 3rd for me in the Classic). Definitely thought Bayern should have been thrown out though. He completely mullered Shared Belief (the unbeaten fav) on leaving the stalls compromising his early race position which is so important on dirt. The fact that SB managed a closing 4th told you enough. Typically the stewards caved in to sleazeball Baffert who incredibly blamed Toast of New York! ToNY ran a blinder under a superb ride from Spencer. I imagine they are fielding some hefty offers for ToNY right now in the US which they'd be mad not to accept - his future lies over there imo.

Karakontie is interesting in the Mile at a fairly big price. Have to oppose Toronado and Pease has a couple of Breeders Cup wins on his CV. I reckon he used the Foret as a prep for the horse. Shame about his draw though.

Magician in theory should not be bigger than Telescope for the Turf but the jockey bookings kind of make those odds justified

Hope you backed him. Good call.
Thought he would finish well, but also thought he would be too far back to collar them.

Cracking Classic. Thought Toast was going to nab him. Fair play to the winner. Toughed it out.

Didn't strike me as an over aggressive ride tbh.
I still have visions of that Cape Blanco one though.

Back