Breeders Cup

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
The F&M turf has a pretty good shape because the first 2 look eminently beatable under the conditions. Lady Eli shouldn't be this short on this year's form, and it's possible she won't be as good as she was after nearly dying from laminitis last year. Seventh Heavens looks an out-and-out 12f filly, and I though she ran pretty flat at Ascot even taking into account a pretty poor ride. Have had a good go on Stoute's Queen's Trust. She's been running well all year without getting much luck. She was beaten on merit in the Yorkshire Oaks, but she was going much better than Seventh Heaven at the 2f pole and I think a well-run 10f might prove her optimum. Would have preferred a lower stall, but 7/1 more than compensates for that.

I wholeheartedly agree. I backed Queen's Trust at York and spent most of the race on very good terms with myself as she travelled all over her rivals for much of the straight before weakening into third close home. It was the performance of a filly who would be well suited by a drop in trip and she gets that tomorrow. Seventh Heaven didn't hit full stride until late in the day at York and, for me, she will be inconvenienced by going back to 10f. I'm not an expert on USA form but Lady Eli doesn't seem to be regarded by anyone as outstanding. Queen's Trust looks very decent value.

Boyles allow you to bet PMU aswell .

Click on the horse then in the betslip beside the price there is a little arrow click on and it gives 2 more options SP or DIV ,,

Boyles allow you to bet PMU aswell .

Click on the horse then in the betslip beside the price there is a little arrow click on and it gives 2 more options SP or DIV ,,

Thanks Rob, now I just need to find a way for them to let me have more than £1.43 on a selection.

Racebets normally do too I think - also never been restricted on Tote stuff despite being factored right down to zero on fixed odds.

Tonight I like

8.21-A P Indian @ 9-4 [Boylesports]..win
9.05-Obviously @ 14-1 [Betfair Sports]...each way

Found is probably the form pick in the Turf, and while she's tough and durable and deserves all the praise going in that regard, she gets beat way too often at the highest level to think she just has to turn up and take this. Two hard races in the Arc and Champion Stakes might well have left a mark too. I'd have Flintshire a clear fav. His European form makes him a very similar horse to Highland Reel, while the demands of US turf racing seem to suit even better. From stall 4, can see him having the perfect trip and taking all the beating.

Wouldn't think Flintshire had to improve to win in the States (fwiw, RPR's say he hasn't). Their 'route' races are generally less competitive than Europe's, and they've only managed to prevail 4 times this century.
Found has danced every dance. exactly as she did prior to winning this last year and, at the current 3/1, looks a knocking bet, imvho.

I'm struggling to decide whether that was one of the best rides I've ever seen or every other jockey rode a shocker.

I think both but mainly the latter.

Whether or not the race was stolen, Santa Anita on firm with lasix and Ascot would be very different.

Have had more seconds than that mate of Robbie Williams who plays in that charity football match every now and then.

Super stuff from Seamie-a few years ago Johnny Murtagh tried something similar on Soldier of Fortune and got it horribly wrong-I remember it well because it would have won me several thousand euro.

Back