In Some Respect
King Ledley
Radiohead
Reggae Dancer
Rock Jock
Gold Bubbles
Lillie Langtry
Walk On Bye

Very much looking forward to seeing him again, but I wonder how he'll react if they don't go a great gallop.

Ground is currently Soft and unlikely to change....an altogether different test to what Radiohead has had at Ascot.

Last edited:
In which case you would think Walk On Bye or Alfred Nobel might have the edge.

I would be amazed if the Ballydoyle number 1 did not go off favourite for this given their record.

Not suggesting he is another George Washington or Mastercraftsman, but Alfred Nobel was argueably more impressive in the Railway Stakes than either of those two and they made a massive jump forward in the Phoenix.

Last edited:
Mastercraftsman romped this last year at 4-1 third favourite, with another Coolmore runner (Wachman's Bushranger) shorter in the betting.

Alfred Nobel's poorest effort was in heavy ground and with Walk on Bye proven on heavy, that probably explains the betting to some extent. However, this (betting) could well change before Sunday.

Am I right in thinking that Murtagh is suspended from this meeting on Sunday?

Last edited:
Was miserable up until about lunchtime alright, at which point we had a 180 turn and it was fairly near glorious in Dublin the rest of the day anyway.

I can see Meehan swerving it.

Good call Gareth.

1 4 Air Chief Marshal
2 3 Alfred Nobel
3 5 Beethoven
4 8 In Some Respect
5 2 King Ledley (USA)
6 1 Reggae Dancer
7 7 Rock Jock
8 6 Walk On Bye

I think Radiohead goes to France instead.
I also see that Murtagh is riding and not suspended as I earlier suggested.

Last edited:
The ground is going to be really testing today.....

Walk On Bye is probably a deserving favourite while Alfred Nobel deserves plenty of respect (not sure about the ground for him though).

Going to have a bet on Beethoven e/w. Ground will ensure it is a real test of stamina which should suit him and he was a little unlucky not to finish closer to Walk On Bye last time out when he did not have the clearest of runs. Not the strongest of Phoenix Stakes.

it were worth a go

Murtagh gave you every chance there....not sure if he the best in the yard or how good the race was today but that was a heck of a run to get up and win snuggly enough in those conditions. Set a huge task.

Last edited:
I thought Murtagh had overdone it, I haven't been impressed with this horse at all but he kept finding today.

IS he did seem to carry his head a bit high but he was asked quite a question.

how good is the 2nd horse?

he sure gave every chance Gal...i didn't think Alfred would handle the ground..has done really to win from behind in that ground

Back