Camas Park & Ashtown House Phoenix Stk Group 1

I wonder could Alfred Nobel run in the Breeders Cup meeting? They have winners of this race by Danehill & Danehill Dancers coming out of the ears so something a bit different for him might be ideal for him as a stallion prospect....particularly if (as the betting for the 2000 Guineas suggests) they have better prospects that are likely to be given preference in the National Stakes, Dewhurst etc. I would think he would easily get a mile in the States as a two year old.

I was sceptical of Alfred Noble after the Railway Stakes but in fairness he did very well today.

Easily the best performance of Air Chief Marshall's career.

From Irish Racing.com:

Afterwards O'Brien stated “Alfred Noble gets lonely out in front and it was that greeness that resulted in him being beaten on his first two starts. He is a very good moving horse and can change gears very quickly.”
He added “We were worried about the heavy ground but he has progressed well and may next run in the Prix Morny in a few weeks time. Staying seven furlongs wont be a problem for him.”

From The Racing Post:

Winning trainer Aidan O'Brien confirmed the 2,000 Guineas to be the long term target for the winner.
He said: "He's a proper horse and will hopefully be a Guineas horse. We will look at Longchamp and the National Stakes for him this year.
"He has progressed with every run and he has an impressive change of gears. It was just a case of if he could use them on that ground.
"Not many horses can do that and he looks a real good one."
Of second placed Air Chief Marshall, ridden by O'Brien's son Joseph, the trainer said: "He ran a super race and he is starting to get his act together.
"He is versatile with regards to trip and has plenty of options."

Last edited:
ALFRED NOBEL - a true prize winner?

The ground was appalling, and yes, he did come from back of the class and win, but blimey, he made pretty heavy weather of it! Managed to finally grind past AIR CHIEF MARSHALL, 33-1, ridden by a boy, and puff his way (head up) into the winner's enclosure. How impressive was that? Not a lot!

Back