Campbell Gillies

i remember that huge smile on his face after winning the Albert Bartlett. Emphasises how it can all be lost in a moment, really upsetting news. RIP.

Go Racing Ireland:

Cheltenham Festival winning-jockey Campbell Gillies has reportedly died following an accident on holiday in Corfu.
The young rider enjoyed arguably his finest moment in the saddle when partnering Brindisi Breeze to victory in the Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle at the Festival last March.
Gillies, who was also associated with the Willie Amos-trained Lie Forrit, primarily rode for Perth handler Lucinda Russell after joining her team in 2007.
Gillies' agent Paul Brierley said: "At the present time, all I can say is there has been an accident."
Fellow jockey Zander Voy tweeted: "I can't believe it. You only have 1 best friend and now he's gone. I'll never forget you @campbellgillies, love you pal. xxx."

As someone who backed Brindisi Breeze at Cheltenham, I can't believe that what, just 4 months later, we have lost both the horse and the jockey to terrible accidents. Thoughts go out to family and friends.

As someone who backed Brindisi Breeze at Cheltenham, I can't believe that what, just 4 months later, we have lost both the horse and the jockey to terrible accidents. Thoughts go out to family and friends.

It's truly shocking. Condolences to all who know him.

Back