Cardiffians passing............

Very sad to hear this news.
Terry didn't post much on FF either, but when the Ten To Follow competition came around, he was always the first person to message me
enquiring about our syndicate entry, and this was always very quickly followed by a cheque for his share of our entry.
As is often the case, I had no idea that Terry was ill, and my thoughts go out to John and other members of his family.

R.I.P. The Cardiffian, one of the good guys.

condolences to you and all your family Merlin

I remember his username from a long time ago..may have been bestofthebets or thehorsesmouth forum

It is with great sadness for me to say my husband Terry Rickards a retired train driver passed away peacefully yesterday at home, surrounded by loved ones. He fought a long and courageous battle. He will be hugely missed by many. No funeral details as of yet, I will post when arrangements have been finalised.RIP his loving wife Irene.<o:p></o>

Last edited:
We will be celebrating the life of Terry Rickards at the Wenallt Chapel, Thornhill Crematorium, on 26th April at 11am.
Family and friends are very welcome to join us for light refreshments at the New Fleurs Social Club, Portmanmoor Rd. Where we can share stories and memories of Terry. Family flowers only donations if wished to Velindre Cancer hospital……….

I would like to express my sincere thanks to my family and friends who have shown their support before and after Terry Rickards passing. Thank you for the cards, flowers and words of kindness I have received during this difficult time.
I have been overwhelmed by all the lovely comments written on Terry's personal FB page, the OOC and Racing pages. A massive thanks to those who were able to attend the funeral service, with special thanks going to Pete Nicholls for giving suc...h a heartfelt speech. Also my appreciation goes to the bearers Mark Allen, Jason Morris, Michael Harvey, Neal Rutter, Pete Nicholls and Cliff Davies.
I was touched to see so many British Rail friends at the service some of whom had travelled afar, they gave me words of comfort and shared stories most of which I hadn't heard before. Personally I think Terry was given the send off he truly deserved. He would have loved the stunning black horses, and the bespoke Flying Scotsman, although we all know he would have had something to say about the pennies spent. The Horseman got lost along the way, we had a tour of Cardiff, so at least Terry got his monies worth.
He will be so very missed by many, I for one will have such fond memories of our life together. He will have a place in my heart forever and always. He was certainly one in a million.
R.I.P TC love Olive. xx
ps Terry had nick names for us all! Hence Olive he called his wife Irene..........

Back