Carl Llewellyn

Stuart Parr was spending a lot of time in the betting ring at Nottingham yesterday and he didn't even have a runner!

Looking increasingly possible that Parr has gone as the likes of Internationaldebut amongst others of Mckay's have upcoming entries under Johnny Balding's name also.

Apologies if this is 'old' news but have been told that all the horses not owned by Malcolm Denmark have been moved from the yard and transferred to NTD. I had better add allegedly, although from a very reliable source who should know the truth, but just in case at least one horse hasn't.

This was in the Gloucester Echo three weeks ago and products our company has supplied the stable with since would certainly suggest an uptake in numbers there.

From Gloucester Echo

THE owners of star chaser Roll Along have explained their decision to back Nigel Twiston-Davies and Carl Llewellyn's new partnership.

Bryan and Philippa Burrough are sending Roll Along to the duo's Naunton base because they believe Llewellyn's familiarity with the nine-year-old is important.

Llewellyn trained Roll Along to win four times during his three-year stint at Jenny Pitman's former stables in Lambourn.

The two-times Grand National winner has left the yard and become the business partner of former boss Twiston-Davies.

But rather than cut their ties, the Burroughs – Bryan owned Pitman's 1983 Grand National winner Corbiere – decided Roll Along should follow him to Naunton.

Philippa Burrough said: "It's something we've been talking about for months.

"My husband is very loyal to people and Carl has done terribly well with Roll Along and knows him inside out.

"Roll Along is nine now and at this stage in his career we didn't really want him to be trained by someone new and who would need time to get to know him.

"We just felt that this could be a good year for Roll Along, but he's not an easy horse to train in terms of temperament – he is easy to get fit – and he's quite a character.

"Carl is a lovely guy and such a character."

Roll Along, who could be joined by up to 25 horses from Llewellyn's old base, will add further ammunition to a powerful team which already includes the likes of Cheltenham Festival hero Imperial Commander and Scottish Grand National winner Hello Bud.

After finishing sixth in the Cheltenham Gold Cup, he found the conditions against him next time when he finished fourth in the Guinness Gold Cup at the Punchestown Festival in April.

When he returns from his summer break he will be trained for the Charlie Hall Chase at Wetherby, which Twiston-Davies has won four times.

Philippa Burrough said: "We really fancied our chances at Punchestown, but then it poured with rain and he's a 'good ground' horse.

"I'm not sure when he'll go back into training but he doesn't take long to get fit and he likes good ground, so hopefully we'll get a run into him by the end of October.

"The Charlie Hall is the first goal and then we'll see how he gets on after that, but the Grand National could be another target and Nigel's record in that was another consideration."

Twiston-Davies and Llewellyn suffered a blow when stable stalwart Mistanoora died at Stratford.

The 10-year-old made his debut for the yard in 2002 and was a big favourite at Grange Hill Farm.

Apologies if this is 'old' news but have been told that all the horses not owned by Malcolm Denmark have been moved from the yard and transferred to NTD. I had better add allegedly, although from a very reliable source who should know the truth, but just in case at least one horse hasn't.

I've heard that too, and we have a horse at Nigel's yard so assume our source is correct. Perhaps not all of them tho .... they have a new stable yard and it is rather full.

I heard some time ago that the owners of some 19 other horses were considering following Carl to NAT-D's.

Isinglass I did say allegedly.

I would trust the source - I was told they were all going to move. Speaks volumes for the owners' opinion of Mr L in my humble opinion.

Back