Cecil and jockeys

Ardross

Senior Jockey
Queally hardly covered himself in glory yesterday. Can you imagine either Cauthen or Piggott being mugged like that .

Mongan was shocking at Ripon today- swop the jockey different result.

Henry there is a bloke needing a job in September and you sure need a top jockey LOL

Saw Kieren in town yesterday, he looked very fit for someone who has been out the game and also appeared to look up beat. I would not be surprised if he came back better than ever in September, but I would be surprised if it was Cecil backing him.

Saw Kieren in town yesterday, he looked very fit for someone who has been out the game and also appeared to look up beat. I would not be surprised if he came back better than ever in September, but I would be surprised if it was Cecil backing him.

My suggestion was tongue in cheek but Cecil certainly needs a top jockey if he is to achieve the true heights again . I don't think it is any coincidence that his greatest periods of success have occurred when he has had a top jockey riding for him Mercer, Piggott, Cauthen, Eddery and Fallon - rather than Bond, Quinn. Durcan and Queally.

Not having a pop at anyone, not many came on to defend Queally, but it shows how far Queally has come this year.

Queally has improved there can be no doubt and this was a good ride but he has ridden a few shockers too.

Jockeys are just doing a job - they're not the right hand of God, so they make balls-ups just the same as farmers, IT consultants, journalists, hairdressers and chefs. However, Queally's just given H. Cecil his first Breeders' Cup winner in a particularly fetching style. He was riding his nadgers off for far longer than I'm sure he'd have liked, but he was the all-action hero compared to some of the others, who looked as if their ultra-short stirrup lengths prevent them from moving a muscle below the waist. He threw everything into the mix: reins, legs, whip, bum. Oh, and brain, too.

Surprised it has taken him so long to make it to the top. I believe he didn't take advice when he was younger.

his trip to germany certainly did not help,or did big time, one way or the other. wasnt overly impressed with the attitude he displayed over here, but in hindsight he was probably just bored to tears, and it made clear to him what this game is about.

Tactically it was great, and the best result which I think they could expect (to place). Watching the replay, he not only hits TWICE OVER about 20 times, he leaves the whip in the behind pozzie to stripe him about five times quickly, out of timing.

That is not impressive - even in the old days if you watch Lester - his rat tat tat were not heavy hits .

While the plethora of today's racing has swamped ATR, Sean Boyce did say that they'd had in several e-mails from viewers complaining about the incident, so it's not gone unnoticed. It's a shame that errant jockeys can't be penalised when they return to their home countries - that'd see Squealers off for about a month, I reckon!

Krizon, I know what you're saying, but it has gone unnoticed by those who matter unfortunately - until this kind of thing is punished by severe bans (30+ days, perhaps only group 1 days as well), jockeys will consider it a punishment (if even given) worth taking.

Anyone remember Dettori on Alkassed in the Japan Cup?

Also, every year at Cheltenham is a disgrace - some horses should be disqualified as it is out and out cheating. What happens though is they're given a ban for some random midweek which they couldn't care less about - they got their Cheltenham winner!

Back