Champion Hurdle Field 2008

The second and third today really seem to think that the form stands up...which is encouraging for Sizing backers

granger, I think that's about it. Osana will have to be very good indeed to stay in front of Sizing Europe
Oddly, since the day I first saw him in the paddock at Newbury where he won nicely, today is the first time I've not backed him - I must be getting superstitious! My antepost bet for the CH Hurdle is looking cosy now, wish it were bigger as he'll be no price now

Originally posted by granger@Jan 27 2008, 04:23 PM
From Dessie Hughes... "I think we will probably sidestep the champion Hurdle and avoid meeting the winner again, as he will be hard to catch anywhere'
Where next then?

A touch disappointing to see them hold back one the live contenders - and one that is approaching the end of his career - just because they are scared of one horse. He owes them nothing.

Unless of course they feel that he has regressed beyond the point of doing himself justice, in which case I hope that he is kept away from all of the top races.

Agree think that the wonderful Hardy Eustace is running his heart out with no chance of winning the CH or the Stayers or probably Aintree.
Would hate to see something bad happen to him on the racecourse

I'd like to see them give the Stayers a try although common consensus is that he won't stay - even if he does act so well around the track. I still have a suspicion they'll go for the Champion come the week itself

I think they'd be mad to not go for the Champion - HE surely has a better chance in going close in that than the stayers. His stamina is slightly open to question, and the form of that last run over 3 miles was put firmly in its place yesterday.

I'm on Sizing Europe at a nice price thanks to someone on here (Luke?), but I'll be backing Hardy e.w. on the day.

I got 12 on Betfair for Sizing a while ago, and I also have an e/w on PP at 8/1
I might well have a place bet on Hardy nearer the day.

i just asked if anyone has neves of Blythe Knight on the other thread, I'm getting confused :rolleyes:

Back