Champion Hurdle

eric c

At the Start
He handles any ground , he jumped like the pro he is and connections were pleased with that run--Geraghty said he blew up at 3rd last--he should come on for the race and will probably be seen next in AIG if not before.
He who writes him off does so at his pearl. :angy:

jh commented that he may not be as good as he was hes to small to go chasing and jh stated yesterday they will consider upping him in trip now

i dojnt think at his best he was suited to cheltenham

the 20f aintree hurdle would be more suitable if good enough

personally i think his best days are behind him

Not a chance...sadly

He just doesnt seem to suit cheltenham and Jh's comments have to be taken on board

Bit of deja vu here because I think I made the exact same point last year, but how can a horse not be suited by a course where he put up his lifetime best performance?

I think he has only got to Cheltenham once when on top form and then he chased home Brave Inca. i've always liked the horse and am not of the opinion his best days are behind him

If that horse wins the Champion Hurdle I will bare my arse in Tesco's.

Its a bridle horse and flatters to deceive.

Perfectly satisfactory first run back given that he wouldn't have been suited by the ground and always seems to need his first run (though I have a feeling he's a bit more forward than in year's past).. certainly wouldn't go drawing any conclusions on the evidence of yesterday's run..

That said, Harrington's comments (she reckoned he didn't blow up, but was 'muscle weary' IIR) must be noted and I certainly wouldn't be backing him for the Champion Hurdle..

The Fighting Fifth should be very interesting. Katchit is due to run and the Irish entries include Harchibald, Jazz Messenger, Clopf and Ebaziyan.

Originally posted by Grey@Nov 20 2007, 03:35 PM
I've had some of the 25/1 that William Hill are still offering on Sizing Europe.
Six of us travelled over last weekend and Sizing Europe paid for the weekend and a little bit more.He is trained about 3 miles away from me and they like him a lot.

Back