champion chase. Un de sceaux
Ryan air. Don Poli
stayers. Windsor Park
gold cup. Vautour

Faugheen
UDS (or simonsig :ninja:)
Annie
Don Poli

not even going to attempt picking a ryanair winner this far out but i'm fairly sure neither vautour or don poli would be in it

If Djakadam came out next season and trounced everything in Ireland over 3 miles then there would have to be some decisions made. The other possibility is that Vautour hits a brick wall when 3 miles comes into view. Both are unlikely but possible.

Don Poli is Gold Cup bound next season for certain. It's the Ricci duo that will cause the issue.

Champion Hurdle - the rejuvenated Wicklow Brave benefited most from Faugheen's unfortunate fall and emulated the great Rooster Booster in doing the prestigious County and Champion hurdle double. Willie Mullins became the first Irish trainer subjected to the new controversial BHA regulations which permit stewards to use electric shocks, censory deprivation white noise, and water boarding in an attempt to extract an honest answer to the question of "improved perofrmance". Mullins could only offer the ground and a change of tactics though and Wicklow Brave kept the race

Champion Chase - AP McCoy's dramatic return to the saddle only 3 months after escaping with an 80 hour community service order for shop lifting, was confirmed when he piloted Uxizandre to success

The World Hurdle was overshadowed by Bobs Worth being pulled up in the Pertemps final in his attempt to become the first horse to win four separate races. Otherwise The New One managed to hold off Saphir de Rheu

The Ryan Air chase again went the way of the home team with the sponsor over heard complaining that he sends Irish trainers a whole lorry load of talent but none of them are prepared to run in his race. "Anyone would think they don't really like me" he hypothetically suggested. It was a battle of the oldies and the injured though as Simonsig held off Dynaste, Cue card and Al Ferof

Finally it was billed as the greatest Gold Cup in history but Coneygree, Vautour and Don Poli only succeeded in cutting each other to ribbons allowing Grand National hero Rocky Creek to plod through beaten horses in a dramatic collapse of pace

The highlight of the day however came when Sam Waley Cohen piloted former Gold Cup hero Long Run to the Foxhunters. Sadly this was marred shortly after as an excitable Duke and Duchess of Cambridge gate vaulted the barriers and ran across the track to congratulate their friend. Unfortunately, Victoria Pendelton, riding Fog Leg Horn in some shameless publicity stunt on behalf of Betfair was still completing her first circuit. The Duchess is reported as recovering well in Cheltenham Royal Infirmary albeit suffering from a mild concussion which has temporarily led her into believing she's a goose. A rogue Channel 4 executive was arrested last night for tending her bedside trying to explain to her that she was in fact the long time presenter of the Morning Line and was expected back at work next week

Last edited:
I can't wait to book my tickets for next season's Gold Cup. I pray they all get there safe and sound.

stayers. Coole harden
Agreed. I loved the way him and Coneygree dealt with the opposition from the front. Same with the Mullins horses, though I think Peace and Co is a horse to be reckoned with next season.

Back