Cheltenham Ante Post and Ten To Follow Competitions

Grey

Senior Jockey
It's almost time to launch the two big competitions that will be running here during the NH season.

The Cheltenham Ante Post Competition (for the Alan Morgan Trophy) and the Ten To Follow Competition will both kick off on Saturday 1st November.

Apart from the trophy there will be prizes of £150 and £50 for the respective parts of the Ante Post competition. There will be £100 for the Ten To Follow competition and a £100 Winter Prize for the best overall performance in the two events.

Thanks to Grasshopper and Tout Seul for their generosity.

New Approach and I will be running the Ante Post Competition and Diamond Geezer will be in charge of the Ten To Follow, which will also run on Final Furlong.

Keep an eye out for further announcements.

True on both 'tosser' and 'redistribute' counts - though I think I suggested adding the cenny from the Winter Comp to the fund for the Ante-Post comp, which would bump the prize-money for that up to £300, after the usual contributions from myself and Roddy.......though I may have that wrong??

That would be true, Nick, if Roddy is on to contribute once more. I'll send you a PM

By the way, if anyone else would like to add to the fund they are more than welcome.

Last edited:
Using the perverse logic that I often generate there should not be a prize for the winner/s unless they declare that they do not gamble. Rather there should be a consolation for the person(s) who can demonstrate the greatest loss backing their selections. It is probably a reasonable assumption that people will have backed the horses that they nominate in the competitions thus the comp winner is likely to have done well financially. Money going to money as usual.

Where is/are the list of 500 horses coming from if BaldFred isn't hosting the competition? I can't see anything for this online. Just make sure the Hennessy and/or RacingPost Chase winner, Chartreux is in there pls :):cool:

Last edited:
The rules and list of 120 horses will be on FF and here as from Sunday October 26th. The closing date for entries will be 12pm Saturday November 1st.

Well done guys. Can't beleive baldy fred has been allowed to kill off another great part of racing. and such a surprise to note the RP saying nothing about it. Horrible betting firm, horrible paper. Bruce Millington is nothing but a bookmakers spittoon.

Message for Steve T:

The Alan Morgan Trophy went in the post today - you should hopefully get it at the weekend. Enjoy your tenure as Ante-Post champ!

I've found the competitions forum and reactivated it.

Do people prefer the threads are in here or would people prefer them in the competition one? A link can be left in here to direct anyone to the correct place so they are all together.

I'm thinking about a newsletter getting sent out at the weekend, I can mention comps in it unless there are any objections?

Last edited:
I'd have no objections to the competitions being mentioned in the newsletter, Col, far from it.

I'd have reservations though about isolating them in a separate section of the forum.

When will you be putting a post up for the ante post comp? I'll hang on sending the newsletter out till then so I can link directly to them :)

Col

Back