Cheltenham Ante-Post Competition 2013-14 JANUARY selections

Beaten twice by Bobs Worth, how can you bet on him to overturn that?

I'm betting at that price that the ground will be good on Gold Cup day. If it is and they go a good clip BW will get outpaced at some stage and on a decent surface SDC won't be as legless going up the hill as he was in 2013.

Vatour: £600 Win - Supreme Novices (16/1 - Skybet, Others)
Vatour: £400 Win - Neptune Hurdle (33/1 generally)

Sorry Roddy, according to oddschecker history the best price advertised to us unwashed for Regal Diamond was 40/1. I hope they gave you 50/1 though ;).

And Hurricane Fly has been 7/2 tops since New Years Day.

William Hill gave me 50/1 this morning old boy and if you look at page 16 of this mornings racing post you will see Boylesports is 4/1 HF. Wouldn't have you over Arthur

William Hill gave me 50/1 this morning old boy and if you look at page 16 of this mornings racing post you will see Boylesports is 4/1 HF. Wouldn't have you over Arthur

I don't doubt you, Roddy.

As far as Regal Diamond is concerned, it's as I guessed. WH gave you 50/1 and then advertised 40/1 to the rest of us. Given the special circumstances, I think we should agree to 50/1.

Re Hurricane Fly, it's Boylesports who must be having us over. They are now 3/1, having last been 4/1 on New Years Eve, according to oddschecker. Is there by any chance anyone reading this who tried and was able to get 4/1 today?

Re Hurricane Fly, it's Boylesports who must be having us over. They are now 3/1, having last been 4/1 on New Years Eve, according to oddschecker. Is there by any chance anyone reading this who tried and was able to get 4/1 today?

Their twitter feed from 12 pm today

Boylesports ‏@Boylesports 3h
Following further demand, Hurricane Fly has been cut into 3/1 (from 7/2) to retain his Champion Hurdle crown >http://boylesports.com/short/8055 #racing

I dont know if I am permitted to enter or how much I can spend but I would have the maximum allotted to me on Felix Yonger all to win in the Arkle @ 10/1

I dont know if I am permitted to enter or how much I can spend but I would have the maximum allotted to me on Felix Yonger all to win in the Arkle @ 10/1

No problem, you can enter (no back dated stakes though) - you have £1000 for January and £2000 for February - do you want the full £1000 on Felix? You have to wait for Feb for the rest of the stake money.

Back