Cheltenham Ante-post

firstpastthepost

At the Start
Ante post bets for cheltenham festival 2008

thought it would be interesting to see who has done what and see who got value out of the ante post betting.

My Bets:

Notre Pere 20-1 sun alliance
Glencove Marina 40-1 arkle
kauto star 2-1 Gold cup
Twist magic 6-1 Champion Chase

Actually very very quiet on the antepost front this year....Clopf for the Champion Hurdle (yeah yeah yeah I know) and Glencove Marina for the Arkle.

Sizing Europe for the Champion at 22 on betfair -laid off at 11 yesterday when there was a minor scare.Will probably go in again when I get the nod.

speaking to a friend that is a bookie he was saying to back Celestial Halo at 8-1 for the JCB Triumph Hurdle.He gave me a a tip this time last year to back L'Antartique at the festival and he went on to win the Jewson Novices Handicap Chase at 20-1.

Supreme Novices
Captain Cee bee 25s and Striking Article 33s. I am quite sweet on both of them.

Champion Hurdle
Black Jack ketchump, Straw Bear and Osana on BF..traded a little bit....looks wide open, still not sure who will win. Still not ruling out Bobs Pride, Blythe knight etc.

Stayers - Kasbah Bliss 16s and Wichita Lineman 6s

My main bet thus far is Acambo at 25's for the Arkle. Not impressed with his run last week but still time for him to get it right over fences.

Very little activity on the ante-post front thusfar..

Had a dabble on Wins Now for the Arkle after his promising run at Leopardstown and I've backed Apt Approach for the bumper as well (yea yea, I know I'm a mug!)..

I know its not Cheltenham but Snowy Morning has been clipped by 5 points for the National and is now a best priced 20/1.This could be the one to pay for a nice summer holiday.

Nevada Royale @ 20's for the RSA Chase, but he's got a bit to prove after a nasty fall at Newbury. On the plus side, Joe Lively's upheld the form over Xmas, Tidal Bay looks Arkle bound & Mr Nicholls doesn't seem to have much else for the race...

Was also on poor old Iktitaf for the CH :(

i keep watching kauto in his race's

watched the AON 2006,king George 2006 and 2007 gold cup 2007 betfair 2006 and 2007

i cant see any horse getting past him his gear change after the 2nd last is the best iv seen personally, i think he is the best since dessie and maybe after the gold cup win in 2008 he might become better than dessie

I think I will invest in Exotic Dancer over the weekend for the Gold Cup e/w. The stable will hopefully be in better form come March and he is grossly over priced compared to a horse like Denman.

Cedrus Libani, for Arkle, 150/1
Blazing Bailey, World Hdle, 16/1
Kasbah Bliss, World Hdle 50/1 and 46/1
Knockavilla, Ballymore Pro Nov, 50/1
Sweet Wake, Champ Hdle 200/1
Oscar Park, World Hdle win 100/1 place 50/1
Oscar Park, Sun All Nov Chse win 180/1

looking at doing a ante post lucky 15 for cheltenham have picked

Twist magic champion chase
Kauto star gold cup
inglis drever world hurdle

but i cant seem to find the fourth one could someone suggest what it should be?

Back