Cheltenham Ante-post

If you fancy some value then Duc De Regniere for the Sun Alliance Chase would be one - 20/1 still available with Coral :)

I personally think Twist Magic is a bit too short for the Queen Mother Champion Chase.

Other factor is that if the horse is 7/4 now, what will it be on the day of the race, working on the proviso that he has a safe pathway to the Queen Mother Champion Chase. It will get shorter i would imagine.

I personally will be very interested to see how the ground rides at Cheltenham and if it is good ground then i think Voy Por Ustedes will be the one to beat still.

Ask is still in training with Sir Michael and hasn't even come back into slow work.

It was rumored last August he would go hurdling but its absolute tosh. he will be aimed at the leading 12f group 1's with Galactic Star.

I can guarantee you he won't be seeing hurdles, even though that is why Pat Fahey bought him. He will be standing as a stallion at the end of the season.

I think Ask slightly surprised connections with how well he did last year. I've long been a fan and reckon he will be even better at 5.

Added Tidal Bay at 12s for the Sun Alliance just on the off chance the trainer sees sense and puts him in the correct race.

Dipped into the Triumph Hurdle market tonight-don't think I have had an ante post bet in this race since Oh So Risky-a sad story which showed me the stupidity of backing each way trebles where all 3 legs are 20/1 or bigger.
Anyway the beast I have backed is Willie Mullins Cest Ca at a little over 40s on betfair.Not saying he will win but there are very few credible contenders and I could see him shortening in the next week or so.
I also laid Dal Cais for a place at 20/1 -personally I think this is the equivalent of finding money on the street.

I went to back Harchibald for a place on Betfair tonight only to learn that due to my activity in the Irish manager market I have exceeded my exposure limit [didn't realise I had one in place] and am unable to have a bet for 7 days having now changed my status to no limit. Very unamused but then I reckon Harchibald's price isn't going to change in the next seven days so should be fine.

My List now (all Betfair prices )

Harchibald - 25 CH
BJK - 40 CH
Sublimity - 6.6 CH
Tiday Bay - 13 Sun Alliance
Well Chief - 6.6 CC
Another Promise - 34 Ryanair
Aces Four - 26 Ryanair

Supreme
Captain Cee Bee at 16/1 and 14/1 and then layed at 9/1

Sentry duty at 16/1

3 miles novice hdl
Gone to lunch at 7/1 and 6/1

champion Hdl
Ebaziyan at 25/1 and layed at the same price.

Originally posted by Euronymous@Jan 9 2008, 11:31 PM
Added Tidal Bay at 12s for the Sun Alliance just on the off chance the trainer sees sense and puts him in the correct race.
Have you seen this horse jumping this year?

Originally posted by sunybay+Feb 4 2008, 06:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sunybay @ Feb 4 2008, 06:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Euronymous@Jan 9 2008, 11:31 PM
Have you seen this horse jumping this year? [/b][/quote]
I know he`s not the greatest but when i placed the bet it was in the hope that the longer trip would help him concentrate more rather than taking each fence at speed. The RSA field looks a poor one as well, Joe Lively won a very moderate renewal of the Feltham.

Have backed 4 horses ante-post..Am reasonably happy at this stage..Best of luck with all of your selections folks..

J'Y Vole @ 70's Sun Alliance Chase (am fairly sweet on this fella)

Apt Approach @ 28's Bumper

Trafford LAD @ 16.5 Ballymore Prop

Temlett @ 20's Triumph

You certainly have the value on Jy Vole-only 23 on betfair at the moment.I like her a lot when she won her first novice hurdle for WPM I managed to back her at 60 on betfair.

I backed both Captain Cee Bee and Megans Joy in November at 25/1 ew for the Supreme Novices. I've since laid the win stake on Capt CB at 15.5. I'm happy with that, especially given the horse has not run since.

Megans Joy's price hasn't budged, however, which makes it by definition a bad bet because I've had three months' risk of mishaps for no gain. I don't know anything about running plans, but it might be an idea for those who haven't yet backed her to have something on her before her next outing. She needs a sound surface, which is why we didn't hear from her over the winter.

My biggest bet is on Sizing Europe at 25/1 ew for the CH (thanks to Chris McGrath of the Indo for highlighting his chance after the Greatwood). I laid the win stake at 10/1 and the place stake at 2/1 before he ran at Leopardstown.

I also have a small place bet on Hardy Eustace in the CH at 8/1 (now out to about 20/1) and a tickle on Kicking King at 33/1 which I will probably lay off in full in the next few days. KK is now in to 16/1 but I don't seriously expect him to win.

Originally posted by Bobbyjo@Feb 4 2008, 02:28 AM
I went to back Harchibald for a place on Betfair tonight only to learn that due to my activity in the Irish manager market I have exceeded my exposure limit [didn't realise I had one in place] and am unable to have a bet for 7 days having now changed my status to no limit. Very unamused but then I reckon Harchibald's price isn't going to change in the next seven days so should be fine.
Will you be retiring when the announcement is made about the next ROI manager.

I will be retiring to Dubai for a week of sunshine

But I made a mess of a market I was cruising along in with significant profits on every candidate bar one or two no hopers....an absolute mess of it. I've had to invest ridiculous amounts to get back to parity based on the likely outcome.

Originally posted by Colin Phillips@Feb 4 2008, 09:09 PM
"J'Y Vole @ 70's Sun Alliance Chase (am fairly sweet on this fella)"

Isn't that "fella" a mare?
As I've mentioned before Colin Willie Mullins has two very very very nice mares this year - probably overpriced purely on their sex too so well worth a punt.

Back