Cheltenham Bankers

I'm very sweet on Whiteoak in the Mares Hurdle (also backed her at 6s some time ago) if they decide not to send her to the Champion.

Me too. Been waiting for her return with great interest. She might also be of interest for a place at long odds in the Champion.

She would have beaten the boys at Aintree but for clattering the last and ran on strongly afterwards to make the eventual winner work for it.

She has guts and will fight.

Me too. Been waiting for her return with great interest. She might also be of interest for a place at long odds in the Champion.

She would have beaten the boys at Aintree but for clattering the last and ran on strongly afterwards to make the eventual winner work for it.

She has guts and will fight.

I'm hoping she'll go for the mares race. The 6/1 I have on her will look very big if she does.

The Champion Hurdle looks all over the place to me... she could run a blinder but still finish fifth or sixth.

Fingers crossed that Willie Mullins has the winner. Think Quevega is a big price for Cheltenham - on the strict form of her Irish runs she's up against it but getting so close to Hurricane Fly and Grivette has me sold that she should be a single figure price.

Chomba Womba has been beaten in the race before and whilst I fully respect Whiteoak she has other engagements at the meeting.

the race is over 1 fl shorter this year which might help chomba against that henderson appears to have been held up more by the weather than some others looking at his replies on how he was coping

Yes, Lambourn was hit very badly, worse than some seem to realise (I've seen some hairy pics) and some yards were snowed in. The JCE did sterling work getting the main Mandown gallops open but some of the outlying yards with their own gallops weren't able to do that

Fingers crossed that Willie Mullins has the winner. Think Quevega is a big price for Cheltenham - on the strict form of her Irish runs she's up against it but getting so close to Hurricane Fly and Grivette has me sold that she should be a single figure price.

Runs tommorrow at Punchestown (as I'm sure you know!). Would have to be going close to winning tommorrow if she was to have any pretensions of winning at the Festival I'd have thought.

One-time classy French hurdler Ambobo lines up as well.

There's not much for her to run in at the moment TS - like a few of her stablemates she's too highly rated for handicaps so stuck in conditions races, if she doesn't make the grade in conditions hurdles they really are stumped.

Personally think she'll win tomorrow and go on to better things in the future - just a tad concerned by her run at the PUnchestown Festival last year :(

I don't believe there is such a thing as a Cheltenham banker but, if you can get on with Sportingbet, their 9/2 (E/W 1/4 1-2-3) for AP McCoy to be top jockey is a cracking value each way play. How can he be odds against to be in the top 3?

In addition, I notice that Coral are offering Voy Por Ustedes at 6/1 for the Champion Chase on a non-runner-no-bet basis. Given that Alan King states that he will only run in the race if Master Minded doesn't, I can't see what the downside is to this (except that it means hoping for Master Minded to go wrong).

Perhaps those of you with tasty looking Ryanair vouchers might consider it a pretty decent hedge.

I don't believe there is such a thing as a Cheltenham banker but, if you can get on with Sportingbet, their 9/2 (E/W 1/4 1-2-3) for AP McCoy to be top jockey is a cracking value each way play. How can he be odds against to be in the top 3?

In addition, I notice that Coral are offering Voy Por Ustedes at 6/1 for the Champion Chase on a non-runner-no-bet basis. Given that Alan King states that he will only run in the race if Master Minded doesn't, I can't see what the downside is to this (except that it means hoping for Master Minded to go wrong).

Perhaps those of you with tasty looking Ryanair vouchers might consider it a pretty decent hedge.

Good tactic Relkeel. There is no downside to this. I've now got him at 6s to win either race. Cheers.

Coral are now non runner no bet, and an accumulator on the favourites of the 4 main races is 18/1.

I've seen worse bets, as I'd be very surprised should the first two not oblige.

Coral are now non runner no bet, and an accumulator on the favourites of the 4 main races is 18/1.

I've seen worse bets, as I'd be very surprised should the first two not oblige.

Post # 1000 for you Hamm..and a good one it is to celebrate:D

18/1 is more than a fair price..Which 1(more maybe) of the 4 are the bookies most hoping/expecting to get beaten?? Kauto Star or Kasbah Bliss for me are the dodgier of the 4 main favs.

Post # 1000 for you Hamm..and a good one it is to celebrate:D

18/1 is more than a fair price..Which 1(more maybe) of the 4 are the bookies most hoping/expecting to get beaten?? Kauto Star or Kasbah Bliss for me are the dodgier of the 4 main favs.

I don't like Kauto Star for the Gold Cup in the same way that I didn't like Desert Orchid in the same race. We may be struggling to find a better horse in the race than Kauto but I still expect one or two to finish in front of him.

I'm more confident of Kasbah Bliss's chances and have backed him the past two years for this. Seems as good if not better than ever this year, but has shown he is beatable in the past. I liked his performance last year though.

Won well there - expect Mullins will have a left something to work on with her and happy to have got on this morning for Cheltenham (providing that's the aim). Plenty of races for her over the channel later in the year too - can see him bringing more of his horses back later in the year given he seems to have the knack of the cross channel raid.

Oddly as the season developed, and def over the last month, I considered KS my banker

Karabak was mine and although i wan't best pleased with the ride Mc Coy gave it, the best horse won. Him and Mikael look 2 exciting prospects!

Back