Cheltenham Comp

Double J

At the Start
Did one last year, Im home alone again and child free for the week so can do the same format if anyone fancies it.

One selection per race every day.

1st - 5 points
2nd - 3 Points
3rd - 1 Point

1 Nap per day, NAP = Double points. (Nap has to win for the double points, wont be doubled for 2nd or 3rd)

Also if you select a 10/1 winner or bigger (at SP) it’s double points (again has to win) NAP it you can get 20 points.

Doing this format for a few of the group chats Im in. If you fancy it let me know, or know of a better format?

Ill think of a prize up depending how I financially do on the week, and if theirs any interest in it. :lol:

Last edited:
Did one last year, Im home alone again and child free for the week so can do the same format if anyone fancies it.

1st - 5 points
2nd - 3 Points
3rd - 1 Point

1 Nap per day, NAP = Double points. (Nap has to win for the double points, wont be doubled for 2nd or 3rd)

Also if you select a 10/1 winner or bigger (at SP) it’s double points (again has to win) NAP it you can get 20 points.

Doing this format for a few of the group chats Im in. If you fancy it let me know, or know of a better format?

Ill think of a prize up depending how I financially do on the week, and if theirs any interest in it. :lol:

Yes:D

Have a points scoring system based on the starting price, i run a league elsewhere

Odds on winner= 0 pts
Winner priced between Evs and under 2-1= 1pt
Winner priced between 2-1 and under 4-1= 2pts
Winner priced between 4-1 and under 10-1= 3pts
Winner over 10-1= 4pts

Placed horse between 4-1 and under 10-1= 1pt
Placed horse over 10-1= 2pts

Scoring system designed to encourage tipping bigger priced horses

Yes:D

Have a points scoring system based on the starting price, i run a league elsewhere

Odds on winner= 0 pts
Winner priced between Evs and under 2-1= 1pt
Winner priced between 2-1 and under 4-1= 2pts
Winner priced between 4-1 and under 10-1= 3pts
Winner over 10-1= 4pts

Placed horse between 4-1 and under 10-1= 1pt
Placed horse over 10-1= 2pts

Scoring system designed to encourage tipping bigger priced horses

If people want that one Im easy. Cool format, wouldnt work for my tipping though. :lol:

Last edited:
If people want that one Im easy. Cool format, wouldnt work for my tipping though. :lol:

Truncheons is better.
Will stop everyone from Napping CH

Cheers lads

Couple of things id do is 'pay out' 4 places on every race over 16 runners regardless of whether it's a h'cap or not

Another thing would be if the CH only has 5-7 runners and Connie H is 1-4 and State Man is 5/2 is i'd pay out 3 places instead of 2

The format that I'm using for our Cheltenham group 'room bet' is using the returns from a 10pt win and 10pt place tote bet. Returns from an outsider place likely to be more than an odds on win plus place and number of places taken care of automatically.

1st - 5 points
2nd - 3 Points
3rd - 1 Point

That’d be kind of you. 5,3,1 seems fine to me. Don’t want to make it complicated - if everyone (except an) wants to gain an easy 5 with CH, so what.

I will do mine now...more than happy with this.
1.30 Diverge
2.10 Jonbon Nap
2.50 Monbeg Genius
3.30 Constitution Hill
4.10 Marie’s Rock
4.50 Punta del Este
5.30 Minella Crooner

I will do mine now...more than happy with this.
1.30 Diverge
2.10 Jonbon Nap
2.50 Monbeg Genius
3.30 Constitution Hill
4.10 Marie’s Rock
4.50 Punta del Este
5.30 Minella Crooner

Sweet, ill post mine tomorrow. Get them in before first race ill make a chart and post results nightly

The format that I'm using for our Cheltenham group 'room bet' is using the returns from a 10pt win and 10pt place tote bet. Returns from an outsider place likely to be more than an odds on win plus place and number of places taken care of automatically.

I would have preferred this idea.more exciting than napping a 1/3

Marine Nationale - NAP
Jonbon
Corach Rambler
Constitution Hill
Honeysuckle
Jazzy Matty
Gaillard Du Mesnil

Thanks DJ

1.30 Facile Vega
2.10 Jonbon
2.50 The Goffer