Cheltenham Competition - DAY 4

Flippin' 'eck - I'm glad I'm not betting with real money! Disastrous effort, although good fun. Thanks to whoever's doing the settling. And a very big 'well done' to Loosehead for thinking of MON MOME e/w!

The greys did have a good day today although unfortunately not the ones I'd picked, I even managed to invent my own - Soldanito instead of Soldatino!

Really good to see Pigeon Island win the last though - its been a great day for the Twiston Davies yard.

Some absolutely cracking work over the course of the week. Unfortunately I missed most of the winners over the last two days due to having no internet!!

Anyway, as it stands Hamm and Montyracing2 are level on 14,000 having tipped Pigeon Island in the Grand Annual.

Melendez and Trudij (if only you had tipped Buena Vista to win!!!) are not far behind with hezz, granger and treetangled all deserving honorable mentions.

Well Hamm, unless I’m much mistaken there’s only me an’ thee, and nothing else between us.

Trackside must, of course, decide on the ultimate outcome whether it be lots, percentages or my preference of ‘who can write the best curse?’

I should be favourite on the latter course of action given the practice I had on a previous thread.

Any outcome will be accepted, but in the meanwhile I am currently defrosting a chicken to check its entrails for the ‘ides of March.’

MR2

Considering the rules can't really split you (1 winner each, and precisely zero placed horses), I'm happy to do the totting up on a two-day play-off over the first two days of the Grand National if that appeals to both? Same rules and the winner would obviously have to get their National bet to Gal pretty sharpish. Sound fair?

Story of my life tracks - find a good thing and cock it up somehow... ;) though BV has to take all the credit - hes been one of my favourite horses for quite a while now,so it was purely a "oh lets have him" choice - not one that took hours of thought!!

Thankyou for running this - been really good fun !!

Thankyou for the trouble, Trackside. I would be very ageeable to that decider, should Hamm wish otherwise I would be open to suggestions.

'Curses filed away and back in their boxes'

MR2

how about putting the bet on the grand national with any proceeds going to the injured jockey fund? or somewhere else? you can choose horse or even put it to a vote on here. what do you think?

Nice idea, Hamm. I'll go with that.

I suggest we let the competition organiser make a selection for ease of admin. But, otherwise, a vote would be perfectly acceptable.

MR"

Sorry, Hamm, misread one of the above posts.

I'm not bothered either way really ~ perhaps the pair of you should split the prize and have two GBP25 bets?

I'm away for most of next week but if you do decide to have a 'decider' at Aintree, I'm happy to do the counting. Will leave it up to you two to decide.

Hamm,

Given the above thoughts I would prefer that each of us selects a horse in the GN straight win (£25) and, for my part, any return to be forwarded to a racing charity perhaps under the TH name.

Perhaps also, we agree that the one who selects the winner or closest to winner be the TH NH 'Champene'

I don't wish the current/perceived complications to detract any of the TH culture nor from the generosity of Gal nor from the prospect of future prize sponsors.

MR2

TS - sorry, had no idea what you meant!

MR - you decide on a horse, and put the 50 on it (once its not Trickytrickster!!)

edited to say if someone has a preference for a different charity, go for that - i was just throwing the injured jockey fund out there.

Last edited:
"... throwing the Injured Jockeys Fund out there... " - singularly apt phrasing, Hamm! :lol:

Well done, winners, and well done, Aidan.

Back