Cheltenham Day 2

Helium for me - fancied him for the Triumph prior to his latest defeat at Kempton when he pulled too hard. Tucked in behind and with a stronger pace looks sure to suit.

Very well done Suny!

After two winners yesterday I've had a day of 2nds, 3rd, fell etc! - and foolishly not had place bets on any except Carruthers who was 4th, arrgghh. Still in the PP - just - after missing it due only to the first race yesterday... and can't watch the next which is the really tricky one!!

Got Alexander Severus and Amore Mio in the PP and an antepost on Amore Mio at 11.5 - thought he would start Fav so backed a few days ago.

COPPER BLEU yesterday - CAN'T BUY TIME today - two placepots down by one place and in the first race! - BLUDDYELL I could slit my wrists. And I spent all afternoon thinking AP had got up for 3rd - at least I wasn't as depressed as I should have been!

I think that is the first Festival day since I began to bet I've won not a bean

Last edited:
Ninetieth minute best bet of the day for me.
I think he should be favorite for the Coral Cup.

Great shout, sunybay. And you told me about it a week ago when it was about 25/1! I checked it last night and forgot to have a saver on it.

Also kicking myself for not getting on Dunguib just before the off. I happened to be in a HIlls shop and the course correspondent was raving about how much better than everyting else it looked. I rememebred it was well tipped up on here.

I'm in the smae boat! Lost exactly the same amount as I won on Tuesday... that's not counting my anteposts lost through N/Rs in the Ballymore though - and let's not count those...

Do hope Punchestowns does the biz tomorrow in the drying ground, or I'll get really down! Also Zaynar though he has less chace - I happen to know NH wanted to run him in the Ballymore (see above!) but it seems he was over-ruled LOL. Read earlier that Bensalem is N/R which is another kick in the teeth...

Doesn't surprise me on Zaynar HS - tell the owner there's a target and you should be expected to stick to it.

:p To some extent I agree, but with very young horses in their first season in the yard/over jumps, that's neither practical nor wise imo. A trainer should be able to shift target 2/3 months before a big race if a horse is showing him he needs a different distance. I heard from another source that some of the syndicate had pretty big liabilities for the Triumph however :lol: Very frustrating for NH, if that is the sequence of events.

Back