Cheltenham: Day 2

Only two bets for me today. Master Minded and For Non Stop at various prices. Really looking forward to it.

Against Time For Rupert today, backed 1833 antepost. Coral Cup I have Arcalis and Pistolet Noir AP, added the Mullins / Townend runner today. So Young at 10/3 completes my main selections, outside of ALL the Irish runners & Pwise selections!

Didn't get the winner myself but I would love to know who was backing So Young at 2/1?!

I think it was one of them old fashioned everyone is on so I'm not missing the boat scenarios.

Feeling quite confident re Mikael in the next. Don't think he'll beat the favourite in all honesty but I can see him being a good second.

My mothers told me she's backed the first two winners in a 5 horse yankee, got Time for Rupert, Master Minded and For Non Stop in the next three. Should I pack the game in.:D

Last edited:
Would be slightly humorous if first ever Irish clean sweep was foiled by the bumper....

Big gamble on Rothwell's yoke. Word from track is Raise The Beat...

I wonder if some of the Irish horses are simply fresher from having had an interrupted calendar over the winter with so little racing going ahead. Even the most optimistic Irish punters were saying maybe 7/8 Irish winners for the week, nothing more...

Have come out slightly singed rather than burnt but another good day's racing.
Good to see a new crop of trainers winning and SE was impressive.
RTB in the last looked like he was coming at one stage but I fear that they had been going too fast for him. Marginally up on the meeting and no real feeling for any of tomorrow's yet so back to the form.
Looking forward to the World Hurdle, could be some race but on reflection I still believe that 4 days is a dilution.

Gutted he fell, he wouldn't have won but a place would've paid out nicely. Nick Williams just can't get a Festival win...:(

That mule who went off in front fucked the race up. For Non Stop was too free. The only consolation is he is still very well handicapped.

After a strong Day 1, it was total wipeout for me today. Everything went down, APs, the lot.

Strangely, after an average day yesterday, today turned out to be the best day at the Festival for me for quite a few years. Both of my bankers First Lieutenant and Sizing Europe obliged at unexpectedly rewarding prices. And I'm still reasonably coherent despite the volume of bubbly drunk.

I know it will be downhill from now on since I've heard nothing about any other horse running at the meeting to inspire the same level of confidence as I had in today's selections.

Good day for me too. After unexpectedly being offered a ticket this morning backed First Lieutenant and What A Charm based on info in the racecard (didn't realise Pricewise had tipped the WAC until I got home) with a bit of each way money on Bothy and Wayward Prince. Plus I found a fiver on the floor! So I've bought a Euromillions ticket for Friday just in case :p

The stats I put up for the RSA and which Bar noted would produce BOSTONS ANGEL proved right, so I napped him for the comp - just wish I'd chucked a tenner on him for real!

Krizon
The only pleasure I got from Boston Angel winning was the thought that you must have picked up a few bob.
Now you've spoilt it!

You called the RSA spot on! Hope you won your sheckles back!

Thanks,v good day yesterday ! Taking it handy today before the final push on Friday with the boys down the local. Fell in love with that horse of Harringtons first time I saw him :<3:... (Winged Love is having a great year)the continuous winning hasn't hurt our relationship either :D.

Hope they go back hurdling with MDH. His leg from the knee to foot is too long and he can't get his landing gear out in time. (yes I know I need to get out more often)

Back