Cheltenham day 3 -What are you backing

£23 for a Diet Coke, doomed bar beer bottle and a glass of red wine. I emailed the Course and told them it was disgraceful. Especially as the red wine was out of a tap and was fizzing!

I imagine Bob could have his wind tweaked after that. He definitely carried his head slightly awkwardly. Better ground could help too.

Galopin does have a huge engine.

Quite possibly but there's no doubt he got his ass tweaked today by one very classy animal

£23 for a Diet Coke, doomed bar beer bottle and a glass of red wine. I emailed the Course and told them it was disgraceful. Especially as the red wine was out of a tap and was fizzing!

Blimey. They’ll kill the goose if they are not careful.

I have no idea who the Irish commentator at Punchestown was but the guy is off his trolly.

Horses win by 3 lengths you would think they had won by 30 lengths.

Anyway that aside we have another Shishkin V Energumene today albeit it's Bob Olinger (Ire) V Galopin Des Champs (Ire) which promises to be a cracker.

I am siding with Galopin Des Champs Banker who's the better jumper and seems to get from A to B like he's been jumping them all his life.

Bob Olinger on the othehand does tend to have a look now and then and when the chips are down I could see him losing ground at crucial moments
and Galopin Des Champs coming out on top with a fair bit to spare and have backed him accordingly.

Alaho is yet another short priced fav for Willie and deserves to be odds on but too short for my liking.

I'm having an ew bet on Melon at 16/1

Thyme Hill ew 5/1 or better on the Machine will do for me in what looks like a death trap for punters.

No other interests for me except a crazy bet on Jonjos who has now been cut to 50/1:):.you could do worse than back him for a place.good luck all

Coeur Serein ran an absoute cracker considering he was 90 on the machine the other day......He was right there until weakening at the last but still managed to finsih a close up 8th..Betfair paid 8 places hewas beaten 1 length for 6th:(

They say you shouldn't chase your losses but most of the money I had on GDC I won off a silly forecast so I'm going on a recovery mission on Thyne Hill.6.4 EW betfair So much for it being a death trap:D

I reckon he's had the best prep for this and will reverse places with Champ..plus Hobbs horses are really firing at the minute.

Last edited:
The Jockey Club line is that prices are on a par with other top sporting events. Not so sure about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t go to other sporting events so can’t comment but a LOT of people grumbling so I imagine not. They need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Back