Cheltenham: Day 3

Have followed JV from her first hurdle win-her first 2 chases were awesome and her next race was a defeat of Big Zeb.I thought at one stage she would be one of the best mares I had ever seen on soft/heavy ground.Since then she has perplexed me mixing runs as good as last years Ryanair with some rubbish efforts.
In my opinion she is either moody or inconsistent.

Surely you could see today the only problem was she never settled for a minute? I agree she doesn't always perform to Ryanair chase winning levels but I felt today she would have if she settled better.

Ted Walsh used to train Beautiful Sound-he was dismissive of the horse when he ran at Christmas-surely a place lay.

Couldn't hit a barn today - got behind early with lumpy bets on Wishful & Barafundle. Not even my quevaga big bucks double could get me out. Still slightly ahead - keeping it tight tomorrow on what looks like the card from hell. Going to post a lessons to be learned thread when it's all over and no. 1 will be NEVER EVER back a fancied horse ante-post. Have backed Imperial a number of times since the Betfair and am now looking at him at longer odds the eve of the race. Still think he's the one to beat though. Those handicaps tomorrow seem impossible.:confused:

Obviously you have no thoughts on people laying or place laying the likes of Binocular,Menorah or Master Minded.

Are any of those unbeaten in all their hurdles starts and have not come off the bridle? :confused:

The premise was a bad one anyway as Al Ferof won the Supreme.

Evidently improved for leaving Mr Walsh's care .

I'm not certain -think the horse has his weak spots-he will always be able to boss weaker opposition but when it comes to the big days I would have my doubts.Having said that Gordon Elliot is some trainer -National,Ebor and Festival winners.

Back