Cheltenham Day 3

Tanlic

Senior Jockey
Turners Novices' Chase: Had Mighty Potter on my radar since he last won over hurdles so it's very hard to oppose him.
I reckon Appreciate it will improve immensly for the slower pace and extra distance and is a big danger wouldn't touch Sir Gerhard witha barge pole and my best outsider
is James Du Burlais also from the Mullins yard.

Pertemps Network Final Handicap Hurdle: I advice to steer clear of Walking on Air he really isn't that good.
I do like Perceval Legallios a lot so I will be backing him EW.

Ryanair Chase: It's not like Nicky to have a Cheltenham runners as far forward as Shishkin was at Ascot when he
stormed home alone against some faily decent opponents. This however won't be as easy but I have backed him so I hope he wins.
Messrs Mulling and Elliot will be all out to get him so it should be quite competitive.

Paddy Power Stayers' Hurdle; The weather looks like it may scupper the chances of Marie's Rock taking his way unless Nicky can convince them otherwise.
My main bet for this is Blazing Khal who looked all over the winner from along way out at Navan when he drifted like a brage in the betting.
If that was because he was thought to have needed it by connection then he is some tool. Have also a bet on Home By The Lee
but I think Blazing Khal will outstay and outspeed them all.

Jack De Bromhead Mares' Novices' Hurdle: I haven't paid any attention to this race or the runners except Nicky pair.
I will probably let them run or back Nicky's Luccia heavily at short odds to be in the first 2.

Kim Muir Challenge Cup: If Jonjo runs Monbeg Genius here I will be backing him for sure for either race. This is a very good horse.

I hope it's a good day for favourites :)

Last edited:
Turners Novices' Chase: Had Mighty Potter on my radar since he last won over hurdles so it's very hard to oppose him.
I reckon Appreciate it will improve immensly for the slower pace and extra distance and is a big danger wouldn't touch Sir Gerhard witha barge pole and my best outsider
is James Du Burlais also from the Mullins yard.

Pertemps Network Final Handicap Hurdle: I advice to steer clear of Walking on Air he really isn't that good.
I do like Perceval Legallios a lot so I will be backing him EW.

Ryanair Chase: It's not like Nicky to have a Cheltenham runners as far forward as Shishkin was at Ascot when he
stormed home alone against some faily decent opponents. This however won't be as easy but I have backed him so I hope he wins.
Messrs Mulling and Elliot will be all out to get him so it should be quite competitive.

Paddy Power Stayers' Hurdle; The weather looks like it may scupper the chances of Marie's Rock taking his way unless Nicky can convince them otherwise.
My main bet for this is Blazing Khal who looked all over the winner from along way out at Navan when he drifted like a brage in the betting.
If that was because he was thought to have needed it by connection then he is some tool. Have also a bet on Home By The Lee
but I think Blazing Khal will outstay and outspeed them all.

Jack De Bromhead Mares' Novices' Hurdle: I haven't paid any attention to this race or the runners except Nicky pair.
I will probably let them run or back Nicky's Luccia heavily at short odds to be in the first 2.

Kim Muir Challenge Cup: If Jonjo runs Monbeg Genius here I will be backing him for sure for either race. This is a very good horse.

I hope it's a good day for favourites :)

I hadn’t watched Thanksforthehelp win his Pertemps qualifier until today - because I hate the race - but **** me, possibly the most impressive winner I’ve seen all season. And he’s in off a featherweight.

TURNERS:
Massive Bravemansgame vibes about my bet on Banbridge here as I've got the value and the ****** will probably not run now. That said we are on the new course now which was not excessively watered in the Autumn. I'm not really getting the fuss with Mighty Potter - yes he's a fine looking beast but his form doesn't strike me as anything special although take my fancy out and this shouldn't take much winning.

PERTEMPS & RYANAIR no bets although I might have a look at the w/o market for French Dynamite. He ran really well here in November (old course) and has claims of following Shishkin home.

STAYERS:
I've got a fantastic looking 7/1 NRNB about Klassical Dream here and I was a tad surprised he was left in this afternoon. I'd rather he didn't run honestly.

PLATE:
War Lord 20/1. Nice run in the Arkle last year and he came back to form last time behind a good Venetia horse. He's on a nice mark.

MARES NOVICE:
I do like Willie running contenders for this against Geldings earlier in the season and I backed Grangee last year (as well as Brandy Love) after she ran well behind Three Stripe Life and Might Potter at Leop Xmas time. Ashroe Diamond has a similar profile although she ended up winning the Fairyhouse race Brandy Love was second to Allegorie de Vassy in the year before so carries a penalty. I have an average price of 6/1 about her and I've also got Halka du Tabert at 14s (now 16/1).
That mare will benefit from a more strongly run race than the Fairyhouse one where she was behind Ashroe.

KIM MUIR:
Rapper 25/1. This horse was most impressive over course and distance on new year's day and found 3 miles and good ground way way way too little of a stamina test last time at Sandown. His trainer ran him in the Ultima last season because he wanted his normal jockey to ride but this year the Kim Muir is his only entry. He's unexposed over a boat trip and I've also backed him at 66s NRNB for the National.

Last edited:
Klassical Dream????????? no offence but really? His best foot wouldn't get him into the first 4 this year with a furlong of a start.

In the plate I've done 2.
I'm with Euro with WAR LORD and I've also gone against the trends and backed a 11 yr old who I think could run a big race.
Celebre D'allen 50/1.
Lightly raced for its age and only weakened late on last time behind Castle Robiln.

Banbridge and Ashroe Diamond not running is a downer.

I have French Dynamite (w/o) Klassical Dream, War Lord, Halka du Tabert and Rapper running for me today. Have also added So Scottish (because of the drift). Datsalrightgino, Fugitif and Fontaine Collonges in various multis with the dangers (Hunters Yawn and Gin Coco) to Filey Bay (NAP of the week) in the County

I’m on the two odds on shots at 5/1

Also French Dynamite and Envoi Allen e/w but the e/w angle has probably gone in the Turners with Banbridge out

Klassical Dream and Blazing Khal in the Stayers and reluctant to let Flooring Porter go unbacked as he’s done the business for me the last two years

Not letting Il Ridoto go unbacked either having done so on Trials day for the first time ever

Dunboyne and Beauport in the Kim Muir

No bet yet in the mares novice but desperately hope Henry can win it when there won’t be a dry eye in the house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Kim Muir is interesting for sure.

Dunboyne is a horse I like but I just wonder how he will handle this left handed track. At bigger odds I have done Royal Thief. I saw his last win in Ireland and if he improves again he must have a chance with the stable in decent form. I can't be too confident though.

There seems to be good support for Euro's Rapper and one or two of the others are well fancied too.

I also have e/w's today on Wakool and Celebre D'allen (who I have followed forumite Outsider on).

Re-tomorrow...the more I look at the County the more I like the well touted fav Filey Bay.

Last edited:
fair bet on Shishkin. ground was more of a worry yesterday but it doesn't seem like it's gonna be too bad. bounce factor a worry but have to hope Hendo has him spot on. if so he should win easily.

small bets on Gold Tweet e/w (very well backed and quite short now) and Blazing Khal win only as think he's gone a bit too big

small bet on Lot of Joy

I'm hoping Appreciate makes a good fist of things and shows massive imporvent over this longer trip.
The Mighty will be a hard nut to crack but Appreiate it always game me the impression he's been crying out for a trip.

I hope the real Shishkin turn up I really need him to win to keep my interest intodays racing going.
Can't believe he is evens on the machine...........I thought he'd be 4/9 against this lot after last months rout

Think they wrote the horse off due to Nicholls having a quieter time this week but he was very unlucky that Thyme Hill came down yesterday. Gave it a soft lead and it made the most of it.

Back