Cheltenham Day 3

Things are back to normal Sire De Belais Betfair SP 55.7 Dashell's 55.0 :lol:

Still I have 2 single and a double on Lucci and GDC tomorrow but they lose and my account BF will stand at 0.00 and can stay at that till Aintree........
getting way too tough for my liking to find winner now tommorow I am cluless what to bet on except in the Gold Cup

In the meantime surely Nicky can win this race with Luccia? who Nico said should run in the Supreme.... even if he was only half right she should beat this lot

Without question. The worst days punting ive ever had. Couldnt pick my nose, brutal.

Food bank for tea.

That was me yesterday.... and I got seriously stroppy! All restored today for me so I’m sure you will be back tomorrow :)

After profits on the first 2 days I was thinking this jump's game's a breeze.
Today showed me how wrong I was.:nono:

Last edited:
I would think there is no chance Nicky will run him at Aintree after what that race must have taken out of him.

A trip to ireland for their festival might be a better option

Sire du Berlais a pure terrier.
Heart of a lion.

I found myself really embarrassed after the race.

Not because I wouldn't have given the winner a chance.

I had a right go at lady friend on social media tell her that she was talking rubbish and Dasher couldn't get into the first 6 with a rocket tied to his ass.

I really thought at one point he was going to win.:blink:

She had a few choice names for me I bet:eek:

Wouldn't be backing [Shishkin] at Aintree either, off a very similar break to the last one.

When I studied the bounce theory many years ago one of the outcomes proponents of it were claiming was that around 42 days was the sweet spot of recovery time from a hard race. They went on to claim that it didn't matter if a horse came out and appeared to have another hard race during those 42 days. Their interpretation was that the second race never took as much out of them as the first because they were never really ready for it. Aintree will be over 50 days after his big Ascot performance - pundits midweek were hailing it a career best, which is classic bounce material (easy to look clever with hindsight, I know) - so if the theory does hold weight then there has to be a good chance he'll be back.

For the record, I had him in multiples the other day but won't hold the defeat against him.

Back