Cheltenham: Day 4

On that basis, Nicholls must be the worst trainer in the history of racing, as he runs countless horses who have to have breathing operations sometime in the future.

I kind of think if Nicholls had GMOOH he wouldn't be getting beat in the County the year after beating Oscar Whisky and only losing out narrowly to Menorah in a good Grade 1.

He looks a monster. If he didn't do his best to hit half the hurdles he would have won much easier.

He looks a monster. If he didn't do his best to hit half the hurdles he would have won much easier.

After he had smacked that one round the back, he just seemed to take a few strides to get his breath and rhythm back, but was soon traveling even more strongly.

Pigeon would be great story alright, although Askthemaster would be really emotional given trainer lost his son a month ago. Horse has squeak on good run behind Rubi Light, but should be susceptible to something more progressive.

Film Festival could run ok at a decent price.

No strong feelings on the Triumph, although the theme of my betting tomorrow will probably to oppose the Henderson animals at the head of the market - after the good runs on Tuesday they seems to have got progressively worse, too many finishing way down the field or PU for me to have confidence in selecting any of his tomorrow.

Shortlist of Secret Dancer, Notus De La Tour, Snap Tie, Grey Solidier & Gloucester, may play them in multiples with selections in the Grand Annual, except Gloucester who I will be giving the opportunity to improve on his 6th in thie race last year.

Gloucester runs off a mark only 1lb higher but has the useful 5lb claimer Connor o'farrell reducing his weight. After running in this last year he went on to run 2nd to Overturn in the Scottish Champion Hurdle. Fit from a run on the flat, will go on the good ground and a bit of cut wouldn't hurt too much. 66/1 with some bookies paying 5 places, 50/1 with Skybet paying 6 places, I've had some of each. Likely to travel well if last year anything to go by for you traders out there.

I'll oppose Henderson's favourite in the next with Join Together for an interest.

As mentioned elsewhere, it's Shoreacres for me in the last to go out with a bang, but give Oh Crick, I'msingingtheblues & Pigeon Island a shout.

Poor selections today bar Long Run on the GC thread, was disappointed with the ride on Gloucester, last most of the way and was a one paced 10th, only 4 places outside the (rather large) frame! :)

What a nightmare for the lad riding Baby Run . He probably knew he had gone just a bit quicker than he should have done and as Zemsky closed he panicked , threw the horse at the second last and Baby Run had no chance and he catapulted him out of the saddle .

WTD is clearly a very talented young rider and is very tidy but experience counts . I doubt he will ever make such a mistake again and I hope he does not dwell on it too much .

Luke, any chance of starting a repeat on Pigeon Island?

After the Gold Cup I was severely tempted to place
lay Baby Run for everything due to stable form.I think he touched 1/50 in the place market just before disaster struck.

Back