Cheltenham Day Four- Strongest Bet

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Yeah, interesting. Lots of talk about him not staying but I remember backing him ante-post for the Gold Cup 2 or 3 years back, always thought he wanted a trip.

Surely Will Biddick would have had the choice between Wonderful Charm and Ask The Weatherman.

Edit: Just seen the other thread.

Last edited:
Crivehill 33's
Also got 20's on Wait For Me before Mick Jazz was pulled

Sweet As A Nut 22's

Calipto 20's

Hope someone lands a monster today..............preferably me.

Fvck fvck fvck fvck fvck!!!!!

Beaten by a pathetic over-confident ride. "Oh, I only have to beat On The Fringe..."

So unlucky, feel for you DO, you picked the right horse albeit no consolation.

Had to check down the list to look at the winner, wasn't on my radar at all.

On the fringe getting turned over has ruined the meeting for me. I'm now just about even to where I was Tuesday morning.

What the **** was that ride there. Absolutely disgusting and feel for anyone on Wonderful charm there.

Edit - wrong choice of word in disgusting. Poor ride yesterday and today, following the favourite was the downfall. If she'd have run her own race, the horse would have won. Over it now and onto the next

Last edited:
I agree that disgusting is the wrong word. It would have been disgusting if it had been ridden deliberately not to win. She clearly felt she was going to win and it's obviously easier for us armchair pilots but it always looked like she was over-doing it. I can't help thinking she was relying on JJ Codd getting the tactics right. After all he got it right on the bumper winner and would probably have won on Squouateur yesterday.

But she still got it badly wrong today.

I say 'badly' even though there wasn't much in it because the horse is good enough to have won by at least 10 lengths. That's what I was expecting.

Yes, obviously wasn't deliberate and we all make mistakes. Unfortunately her's cost me a nice four figure sum but I'll have another beer and fight again :)

Fvck fvck fvck fvck fvck!!!!!

Beaten by a pathetic over-confident ride. "Oh, I only have to beat On The Fringe..."

Best horse on the day won, take it and move on, past excuse making is a waste of energy, eat it and forget. Not one person here has not faced it down.

I won't bore people with my anti posts. I just hope I have plenty of dosh spare, to have a good bet on RockTheWorld in the lucky last race. He is the strongest bet in the getting out stakes.

Really chuffed for you mate. Had a profitable week thanks in the main to Might Bite and UTPT but also Buveur D'air weighed in nicely and bit parts from Altior ante post and Yorkhill plus a few each ways.

Friday was carnage though and wiped out 35% of profits.

I won't bore people with my anti posts. I just hope I have plenty of dosh spare, to have a good bet on RockTheWorld in the lucky last race. He is the strongest bet in the getting out stakes.

Shout for the ******* ages. I got bombs out of it. Well ******* done.

Cheers everyone. I am on the National Express coach outside Prestury Park waiting to depart for London. Its been my first time to the track, though the punting wasn't going well until 5:30! Thank **** for Rocktheworld. Was good to meet Maruco aswell before racing. I can now properly enjoy a drink tonight!

Last edited:
Well done! Always great to prove yourself right and get royally rewarded!

And sorry not to meet up this year - will try to do so 2018!

Back