Cheltenham Day Three - Strongest Bet

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
2.10 Golden doyen 20-1 losing me shirt so far so fully expect this to come nowhere
I'm with you on this. I backed it each way in a shop in North London earlier. However I got chatting to a woman who was putting on a bet for somebody...apparantly there was a strong word for Tobefair. How strong the level of info is anyone's guess. She just told me the tip comes from someone who wins big regularly on horse racing. I backed Golden Doyen each way myself but maybe this Tobefair is a good thing I don't know.

Bouvreuil is maximum E/W at 14/1 4 places with 365 or 12/1 5 places with Coral
Skybet go 6 places but are predictably 1/5 odds.

Shite!

Top Notch makes one mistake and it costs him the race.

Well done Yorkhill backers. Great race to watch.

Good start to the day that. I think Yorkhill had a bit more to give there DO. Unlucky.

I don't disagree that Yorkhill may have had more to offer but three lengths and momentum at that stage is a lot and I just wonder if Yorkhill is experienced enough to have coped with finding against one in front of him who is also going forward.

It will be interesting to see what Simon Rowlands says in his sectional debrief. I think it will speak volumes for Top Notch's finishing effort.

I don't disagree that Yorkhill may have had more to offer but three lengths and momentum at that stage is a lot and I just wonder if Yorkhill is experienced enough to have coped with finding against one in front of him who is also going forward.

It will be interesting to see what Simon Rowlands says in his sectional debrief. I think it will speak volumes for Top Notch's finishing effort.

Fair statement DO. Not sure about Yorkhill for the gold cup which is what Ruby thinks. Albeit he is far more knowledgable than me. With suspect jumping over that distance (albeit jumped well today) I can see it being a Ruby faller at the last!

It really shows Ruby's ability as a jockey the way he coaxes Yorkhill into his races. A masterclass.

On this as well. Split stakes between him and What's Happening. I fancy both.

What's Happening keeps shortening and shortening. Hopefully its him and Doctor Harper fighting out the finish.

Last edited:
Back