Cheltenham Festival Handicaps

Talking about the Morebattle winner Benson running in the County but he is not actually entered in the County Hurdle.

Is there a way of supplementing him?

His official entries are in the Coral Cup and Martin Pipe.

I guess they could step him up in trip again...

Last edited:
Had my first dive into the H'cap s tonight and got through three, based on trends only, the following have recevied token support or most likely been jinxed

Nassalam in the Ultima, Jazzy Matty and Afadil in the Boodles and Thirdtimelucky in the Grand Annual

Last edited:
Based on trends I would have thought Nassalam would be a no no given such a step up in trip.

He's been on my tracker since the Ascot run when he jumped wildly to his left and his last two runs at Cheltenham have been illuminating. He was too prominent in the Paddy Power - of the first six home that day only he and French Dynamite (graded horse) were up there. He was shuffled back to last when Stolen Silver's fall hampered him but finished his race really well, some run given the pace he chased and how early he was off the bridle and then hampered. Next time on the new course he was midfield, travelled and jumped better but looked booked for 5th or 6th again as they entered the straight because he got outpaced once again. However, like the PP he stayed on really well and this time managed to hit the frame. The form has worked out and he looks like a three miler. Shame the price is a tad skinny.

Last edited:
Frero Banbou.

I've backed this for the grand annual but it's gone short across the board for the Plate.
It's never run over that distance,

Another one I like for the grand annual is Rouge vif off 137.

Much like Nassalam over 2m4 Frero Ballbag needs a step up in trip. I'd be semi-interested in him for the Plate, he has no chance imo in a Grand Annual - esp one run under likely much different conditions that last year's.

Anyone have an opinion on Next Destination?

A former Willie Mullins trained horse who overall is very lightly raced for an 11 year old. He has changed hands from Paul Nicholls to Nicky Henderson and has several entries in all the handicap chases. I just have a hunch if they are bringing him back as an 11 year old it might be for a reason?

I am open to any ideas on him...

Last edited:
I don’t reckon he’ll run at the Festival, and even if he did, he’d be for laying all day long.

Fourth in a Champion Bumper, third in a Ballymore, second in a NH Chase. His festival record is quite good. Dropped a few lbs for his time off the track aswell.

Will have been off the track for two years if he was to run at the Festival, and is an 11yo who has done most of his winning on Soft and Heavy ground. I don’t know that the handicapper has shown him too much leniency either, given he’s now on 145 which is only 8lbs lower than his highest ever mark.

It would be some training performance to get this one to win anything at the Festival, and he’s not for me.

Last edited:
Back