Gone But Not Forgotten
The teams

England_zps8b240b72.jpg

Wales_zps08c809b7.jpg

Scotland_zps8a2f17b9.jpg

Ireland_zpsbe5c63b1.jpg

ROW_zpse0f74bda.jpg

The Rules

Daily entries can be made on either the Talking Horses Forum or the Final Furlong forum.

Where possible please check for non runners before placing your selections. These can be found at the bottom of this page each day

http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/ca...s=runner_index

One selection each day in all races at Cheltenham with one selection noted as a nap. Selections must be named, no selecting "Favourite or Second Favourite", they will be treated as a losing bet. A virtual £2 win bet will be placed on your nap on each day with a virtual £1 win bet on your other selections. In the event a nap is not nominated, selections will be settled on a £1 win basis on all selections. Stake money will not be included in any returns but losing selections result in losing the virtual stake. If your selection is a non runner, the virtual stake is placed on the favourite for that race, however joint or co favourites will be settled accordingly. For the purpose of this competition any Rule 4 deductions will be ignored. Selections (one reserve allowed) must be in by the start of the first race each day and no submissions or alterations are permitted thereafter. No exceptions.

Team members will represent England, Ireland, Wales, Scotland and the Rest Of The World . There will be 10 players in each team, one of whom is captain. If a team member fails to post selections on any day, the captain may make selections on behalf of that player or alternatively elect to use his/ her own selections again. If a captain fails to nominate which method to use, his/her own selections will be the default method used for settling purposes on that day. If a captain fails to post selections on any day, the captain and all absent players score will be calculated as a losing selection on each race including one nap.

The winning country will be the one achieving the highest profit or smallest loss over the four days.

Any disputes, my decision is final.

Last edited:
Clarification question. I thought I was the Irish Captain? Why has the Monaghan Mauler been favoured?

Clarification question. I thought I was the Irish Captain? Why has the Monaghan Mauler been favoured?

It's a lot ike a young busty blonde going upstairs to bed Colin Farrell and finding Nick Nolte probing her bear.

Day 1- Sel. / Res.
1) Vautour / Wicklow Brave
2) Trifolium/ Champagne Fever
3) Hadrians Approach/ Time For Rupert
4) Our Conor/ Hurricane Fly
5) Cockney Sparrow/ Quevega
6) Shutthefrontdoor/ Foxrock
7) The Cockney Mackem -NAP / The Romford Pele - NAP
C'mon the ROW'ers!!

Last edited:
Ooops sorry Capt. MAX. Never mind eh? RE the tactics is that really allowed? It just seems so darned clever it can't be legal can it? I'm all for fair play and really don't want to win by 'cheating'. Still all's fair in Love and War. And I love to win - victory by any means someone on here said I think.

Ooops sorry Capt. MAX. Never mind eh? RE the tactics is that really allowed? It just seems so darned clever it can't be legal can it? I'm all for fair play and really don't want to win by 'cheating'. Still all's fair in Love and War. And I love to win - victory by any means someone on here said I think.

Don't forget to delete private message once read, self destruct in 10 seconds....don't want some sneaky moderator spying our tactics....lol

:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:
Please note the rules above have been amended, selections have to be named. Anyone selecting "favourite or second favourite" or similar will have their selections treated as a losing bet (s).

It's not a new rule, it's one I use in other competitions eg Aintree or Royal Ascot but I just forgot to include it initially.

Seen. it makes the competition a lot more interesting than lazy and headless IMO

Do the other Captn's. even know that they've got a team to manage MAX.? we've won this already , we don't need to employ your underhand genius use of betfair.

Last edited:
DG please let us know where we are to put our selections - hopefully somewhere away from the chattering school children. :whistle:

Shall I put up a separate daily thread for selections only and leave this one for the banter, or just let it all roll on one thread

Opinions ?

Right this one is unstickied, please use this one for the banter and keep the stickied threads on each day free for selections only making it easier to score

Thank you

Two posters, dobbin and WelshWizard1973 have posted but did not enter originally so are not currently in any of the teams. I will keep a note of their scores on an individual basis so if anyone else wants a go, you can join in and possibly form another team if we find enough extra players.

Back