Cheltenham Today

Someone should really tell Francome to get a grip. He referred to Sizing Australia as Sizing Europe at least twice.

Thought that Maljimar ran really well in the Cross Country despite looking a bit awkward at the strange fences a few times. He's ready to win off his current mark.

He was, then stopped, then pushed on again. No complaints from me, but frustrating nonetheless. He got niggled just before halfway and was never travelling with the fluency I was hoping for - he was always that bit too far behind. I don't think Ruby was overly hard on him at the end - still has a great chance in the Welsh National.

He was fluent in the earlier part of the race, but caught flat-footed and was always trying to catch up after that which forced him into minor errors. He was beaten fair and square, but Ruby would have got to the one in front apart from the post coming a bit too soon. Ruby did well in the circumstances and was a little unlucky. I get the feeling he might have won though. Nevertheless a great performance and I agree with you about the Welsh National, with the proviso that he has now had a hard race (giving the winner a lump of weight)... I just hope it has not bottomed him.

Last edited:
I think The Tother One is always likely to prove vulnerable to another horse that tries a bit harder, no doubting that his mark at Chepstow is exploitable should he apply himself fully.

I've never seen him as anything other than genuine but maybe you see something I'm not.

Is he in danger of being squiggled?!

I would be looking to lay him for a place at Chepstow if the price is right.I love laying animals that don't travel.

Back