Khyber Kim e.w. 6
Sentry Duty e.w. 6
Pigeon Island e.w. 5
Muirhead 5
Captain Cee Bee 7
Cork All Star 6
Binocular e.w. 4
Zebra Crossing 7

Selection: 1) Khyber Kim 2) Sentry Duty 3) Pigeon Island 4) Binocular 5) Muirhead

Arkle Challenge Trophy Chase 2m
Five, six and seven-year-olds all do well in this. Big-priced horses tend not to do well, 8/1 or less is a good guide.

Noland 7
Tidal Bay e.w. 7
Thyne Again 7

Selection: 1) Tidal Bay e.w. 2) Noland

Champion Hurdle 2m 110y

Sublimity 8
Sizing Europe 6
Osana 6
Katchit e.w. 5

Straw Bear 7
Harcibald 9
Afsoun 6

Selection: 1) Sublimity 2) Sizing Europe 3) Katchit e.w. 4) Osana

William Hill Trophy Handicap Chase 3m 110y

An Accordian 7 10-11
Abragante 7 10-3

Cross Country Chase 3m 7f

Garde Champetre 9 10-13
Wonderkid 8 10-11

Fred Winter Juvenile Novices’ Handicap Hurdle 2m 110y

Ashkazar 4 11-3
River Liane 4 10-6
Selection: 1) Ashkazar 2) River Liane

Great stuff Steve....no Irish horse in the top four in the opener! Looks like a bad start for the Irish. Your selection looks sure to be there or there abouts though.

:) I've not intentially excluded the Irish from the opener. It's probably because I don't know enough about the Irish challenge.

With nine in the Champion I'm sure you lot will be cheering the winner home there though.

I think it's one of the most difficult Supremes I've seen. It's impossible to rate English v Irish contenders. Think the English form is possibly better but no guarantees!

I know it's Cheltenham and its the first race and all, but if there's ever a no-bet race surely it's the this Supreme?

At least the other big two are basically down to whether you want to take the fav on.

Blimey, Steve, I'd go easy on the betting tomorrow, none of yours can win.

Binocular takes my fancy in the first, with Straw Bear and Grand Schlem being likely e/w chances in the CH and FW.

I think Rippling Ring will win the first. (Glad Jonathon Ross is not a commentator.)

I am slightly surprised that AP doesn't ride Capn Cee Bee. Should I be??

Originally posted by BlazingWalker+Mar 10 2008, 10:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BlazingWalker @ Mar 10 2008, 10:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Galileo@Mar 10 2008, 10:16 PM
I think Captain Cee Bee will drift like a barge tomorrow in the betting.
Why,may I ask? [/b][/quote]
McCoy deserting him.

Binocular is very inexperienced and prob needs all the help he can get from AP - who will have been able to sit on the horse at Seven Barrows, and get some input from MF unlike for Capt CB - counts for a bit re jockey bookings

McCoy deserting him and just a general feeling that he is too short for what he has actually achieved.

I really like River Liane, Scotsirish,Tranquil Sea to all go very close today.

I'm quite sweet on River Liane - the Ashkazar factor has just enabled me to top up, thought that RL would be going off at 2/1 or 9/4 on the day having seen him backed throughout last week. Very impressive 9 days ago and looks like a horse who could be a 150+ animal.

Also have high hopes for Patsy Hall and Tidal Bay - particularly the latter as can't really have Noland given who he ran last time out and the others don't look anything special really.

I`m on:

Harchibald at an average price of 22/1
Sublimity @ 11/2
I have Osana in a double with Ravens Pass
I have also hedged with a small win double on Sizing Europe and Kauto Star
Afsoun place only at 7/1

My last action just sums up my day. It started with my somehow accidently backing French Accordion e/w instead of An Accordion as intended this morning, when sorting out my bets and discovering King Harald was NR

In the last, I had a bet running on Crack Away Jack on BF and cancelled it fairly soon into the race as he was so far out the back........ Already had a small win bet on Ashkazar so just left that to run :(

I also discovered midway thru the day that the horse I took out of my PP to bring it down to 14.40 was Binocular.... aside from doing that, I would have won the placepot comprehensively as I had all 3 placed horses in the Arkle cry

So although I had a few place bets come in, I'm well down on the day.
Boy I really need Franchoek to do the biz tomorrow!

worst day ever.new alco in 2nd,gutted. picked out crack away jack and then left the bookies after the cross country cos things were so bad and didnt back it!!!. a 14-1 winner would have altered my mood big time

All my best bets today were place only. Just wish I'd backed my win bets for a place as well - only one I did was Sizing Europe! I think place betting for these championship races makes perfect sense, there are so many in with a chance and it's really tough to get the winner.

Get Girly - you know it makes sense :P

Had Katchit and Crack Away and then L'Ami for the place :)

But lost money on Straw Bear and Heads On The ground so think it's about even at the moment.

Roll on day 2!

Back