Chess

harry

At the Start
Anyone on here Chess players?

I use Social Chess on the IPad/phone.

Free app for up to five games at a time and you can play people all over the world: if anyone on here joins and fancies a game, let me know;)

Used to play a lot when younger, even belonged to an after school chess club but haven't played for years now.

Used to play a lot when younger, even belonged to an after school chess club but haven't played for years now.

Me too - our teacher in school was one of the top ranked players in Northern Ireland. He wasn't too impressed when I beat him at the school open day :lol:

Haven't played in years - taught my step daughter how to play but she never really took to it.

Used to play when younger but never able to have the opportunity any more. This app allows you to play the game over days if you want and you can play people with the same rating or choose who you like: the more you win, your rating improves and you play harder opponents.

I've played nearly 600 games: I really must get a life!!

I used to play online pool when I was younger. There was a lot of skulduggery with ratings with people purposely playing well below their rating.

And people think it's just hirse racing handicapping that's bent!

Last edited:
I used to play a bit. Once got to the top of the school ladder but not for long (some top guys there).

My brother once lent me his 'chess computer'. I beat it over the first few levels and was getting bored so went straight into Grand Master mode. Got in trouble early so decided to go man for man, starting with sacrificing my queen for the computer's. I don't think it was programmed for such an unorthodox approach and I manged to beat it.

Never beat it again at any level and gave up.

Last edited:
Back