Chester Cup

2:45 Chester
TOTESPORT.COM CHESTER CUP (HERITAGE HANDICAP) (CLASS 2) (4yo+)
Going: GOOD. Number of runners: 61. Distance 2m2f147y

Ajaan - Talented, but quirky sort who’s aided by blinkers. Won middle distance Newmarket handicaps, in contrasting styles, before finishing very tired in the 2m5f Queen Alexandra Stakes. Stays 1m7f, should get 2m3f, freshened up after a winter break and of interest now dropped back to winnable mark from decent draw.

Desert Sea - All weather/turf winner, won a slowly run race over 18f two season ago. Ran better than the bare form in the Cesarewitch (cap park draw) and looked better than ever when winning on his reappearance. Up in the weights, so will need to improve again, but stable can do little wrong at the minute.

Gala Evening - Dual code performer, stays stiff 3m over hurdles and 2m on the flat. Excuses for last two efforts on turf, not fit and sweated up badly. Better than bare form of recent 2nd behind Desert Sea, held up off a steady gallop, and of interest judged on best flat form for shrewd connections.

1pt WIN – AJAAN @ 18/1
1pt WIN – GALA EVENING @ 20/1

Ps - If you just read the above what horse would you think the person doing the preview would fancy the strongest, Desert?
[/quote]

I'd reckon the one he suggested backing win only was the one he fancied the strongest regardless of what the blurb said. I used to preview races for another site so I know I've talked horses' form up without necessarily fancying them.

Back