Chester Day 3

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
I'm going tomorrow and I really fancy Age of Aquarius to turn Harbinger over if he's fit enough to do himself justice.

Fancy a pint Euro?

Drop me a PM if so.

Pulling an all-nighter for the election so will go through the form tonight. Today was fantastic despite the weather.

I'm going tomorrow and I really fancy Age of Aquarius to turn Harbinger over if he's fit enough to do himself justice.

Do you know if any bookmakers are offering money back if he's not fit enough to himself justice. Therin lies the problem, guesswork with O'Brien after the shape he sent Fame and Glory to the races in. I'd rather watch the race thab guess at 2's.

Never been a fan of AOA but surely if he is half as good as some on here think he is a bet at odds against.

Few at slightly bigger prices for me tomorrow.

13:45 - I'm gonna have a few quid e/w on Celtic Sultan. 15lbs lower than when he won this in 2008 (And the same mark he last won off) his first run of the year was promising and he got bumped at the start last time so that can be ignored. I always like some track form here and the only negative would be the draw for him as he likes to lead (On the pace has been the place to be this week) but at 16/1 he rates a decent e/w punt.

15:15 - I like Confessional in this. Well backed on his return he looked like he just ran out of puff after veering at the start; showing signs of rustiness. Easterby has had 6 winners in May already so he's in good form. The draw is again a bit of a concern but that's compensated by the price. The two market principals are worth their place but I think Confessional is still unexposed. Win bet.

I've also had a multiple on those two, harbinger and two in the 2.25 at Nottingham (Lis Pendens and Iron Condor)..

Good Luck.

I'm looking forward to the Ormonde, Age of Aquarius and Harbinger were two horses I really liked the look of last season.

Let's hope it is a better race than last year's farce.

Ladbrokes are 5/2 joint top pribe AOA and shortest at 8/11 the Stoute horse The conspiracy theorist in me suggests...

I like AOA too, but not today. More so than usual Ballydoyle horses are needing to get a run in before they start to show their true form. Harbinger already looks sharp enough, so if AOA does win he will probably have a terrific season. Likely as not he'll run quite lacklustre today imo though.

I'd have to think twice about going in on Harbinger at odds on. A mile and a half on heavy looked a maximum for him in the St Simon at Newbury, so you'd have to be hoping he'll bet away with it because of the track. Can't say I like how he's given a flick of the tail under the whip too.

I'm with AOA too - impressed me more than any other horse in the gallops at The Curragh, looks like he'll really take a hand this year rather than being the bit-part player he was for Coolmore in 2009.

I'm with AOA too - impressed me more than any other horse in the gallops at The Curragh, looks like he'll really take a hand this year rather than being the bit-part player he was for Coolmore in 2009.

True... bur surely not first time out, given what all of the others at Ballydoyle have been doing? He hasn't run since July.

Last edited:
Ended up laying the fav at 1.67-seeing the days results I am glad to be working-could have lost serious money.home at 5 -in time to lay Annaverna in the 540.the form of her last race looks hot but I think she is a professional loser.

Back