Chester Day 3

I've only had three bets at Chester this week (two today), one of which was Harbinger (so not retiring just yet). However, you had to be impressed with AOA, who I'll almost certainly be getting stuck into next time. He went very nicely today.

I've only had three bets at Chester this week (two today), one of which was Harbinger (so not retiring just yet). However, you had to be impressed with AOA, who I'll almost certainly be getting stuck into next time. He went very nicely today.

how was he impressive?

how was he impressive?

The winner did it like you would expect an odds-on shot to, quickening at the decisive moment and going on. Never in any real doubt, but AOA went with him very smoothly. Although never going to get past the winner he finished close enough.

Harbinger, it should be said is as fit as a flea at the moment and you could see AOA reversing form later on.

Last edited:
AOA looks a serious cup horse. Can pass on a good word for Kalinger (Wex 6.40). Fancy prices are gone but the 12/1 currently available should comfortably beat SP.

seems like AOB using Chester as a training ground - bit naughty

...what else can he do? He's at least a couple of weeks behind the likes of Stoute, Gosden, etc at the moment. What he gets for the Derby will likely only just be ready in time and will need a run first. Less of an excuse for the older horses, I'd agree, but they have to start somewhere.

Last edited:
...what else can he do? He's at least a couple of weeks behind the likes of Stoute, Gosden, etc at the moment. What he gets for the Derby will likely only just be ready in time and will need a run first. Less of an excuse for the older horses, I'd agree, but they have to start somewhere.

it might help to tell people he is only warming the horse up and that the jockey has been told not to hit it..never touched it once..yes i understand races bring horses on..but the horse was a non trier

Not ridden to obtain best pozzie - but no stewards inquire as to why?

Ridden to obtain best position alright, just not fully ready yet. AOA couldn't have beaten Harbinger today. Another month should tell a different story though.

Last edited:
Really good efforts from Harbinger and Age of Aquarius. It's hard to come up with a logical explanation for Age of Aquarius to reverse placings on 3 lb worse terms in the Hardwicke. Given they already have Fame And Glory for the Coronation Cup, he's got to be worth aiming at the Gold Cup. I'd fancy both the front 2 from today to win Group 1s this year provided connections choose the right races. Shame there's no betting on the King George at the moment.

I think both AOA and F&G could end up at Epsom - with AOA setting a good pace for Fame.

We have seen these Ballydoyle horses reverse form with some ease given a run - whats more I cannot have a track like Chester suiting the O'Brien horse as well as the pacier Harbinger. He was always going to have that bit zip than him when they pressed on.

I think both AOA and F&G could end up at Epsom - with AOA setting a good pace for Fame.

We have seen these Ballydoyle horses reverse form with some ease given a run - whats more I cannot have a track like Chester suiting the O'Brien horse as well as the pacier Harbinger. He was always going to have that bit zip than him when they pressed on.

even less chance with a static jockey sat on top ;)

its not surpising they improve..they would have a job not too

Back