Christmas funds booster thread. Three strikes and you are out. :)

My point is that resting for a few days won't do anything for the horse.

I don't know about training horses either...but the above statement factually and fundamentally cannot be true.

If resting for six days 'won't do anything for the horse', then presumably 16 days or 26 days wouldn't do anything either?

I think the word 'anything' is the operative word here.

Clearly a six day rest will do something...its a case of that something being long enough or not.

Last edited:
If you look up dog in the dictionary you’ll see a picture of Singlefarmpayment and L’ami Serge.

Well what do we make of that run from Daklondike?

I'd still run him in the Welsh National.

Staying on at the end having never had a hard race. Horse got out the wrong side of bed. Finished like he wanted to go round again.

Roll on Chepstow and another five furlongs.

If I owned him I'd be telling my trainer he looked like he was merely stretching his legs today!

He only started running after three miles hahah.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be at all surprised if he turned up at Chepstow. I'm not sure he hard a race today. A gallop yes, but a race? I often wonder if horses that appear not to do a tap actually take anything out of themselves.

It wouldn't be the first time a horse ran like that one day then showed its true form soon after. Connections usually have their excuses ready well in advance...

In other news, the win for Regal Encore was no real surprise. Needless to say, I was on Jerrysback for the same owner in the belief that wherever the former finished he would be ahead of him. The mistake late in the race (4 out?) certainly didn't help, costing him at least two lengths and the same in momentum.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he turned up at Chepstow. I'm not sure he hard a race today. A gallop yes, but a race? I often wonder if horses that appear not to do a tap actually take anything out of themselves.

It wouldn't be the first time a horse ran like that one day then showed its true form soon after. Connections usually have their excuses ready well in advance...

Spot on, DO. I don't think we saw the real Daklondike today.

He just ran like a horse who wanted to put it all-in on his next start.

Last edited:
Countister never really looked like getting seriously involved in that race. Very disappointing. Maybe she didn't like the ground after all. Hugely impressive winner all the same.

If I owned Daklondike he’d be out hunting before his next run! Looks like he needs sweetening up a bit. Clan des Obeau went hunting two weeks before his King George win last year flying over the big hedges with the Blackmore and Sparkford Vale under Will Biddick. I’m sure it made all the difference!

Back