Circumventing filters

A friend of mine is blocked from The Racing Post site at work and asked me the very same question. Unfortunately I have no idea!

Does anyone know how he can access the RP site and avoid work filters?

He could try downloading a different browser. I'm not sure why, but people here not using Internet Explorer tend to get access to a few bits and bobs that are blocked on IE.

Set up your computer at home to accept remote desktop sessions. Use the remote desktop client on your work machine to log into your home computer. Browse the web through that.

Thanks both. I've just called him and apparently his PC is locked by the administrator so he can't do either. Any other thoughts.

A friend of mine is blocked from The Racing Post site at work and asked me the very same question. Unfortunately I have no idea!

Does anyone know how he can access the RP site and avoid work filters?

My understanding is that it works on key word recognition, and then the software recognises the site and blocks it. Is you friend fluent in French? Our work filters don't block France Galop, and all the form is there for UK races once you establish a working knowledge of the site. Unfortunately, I don't speak French to the level necessary, but have occasionally used it when needs must

No problem accessing France Galop apparently, but he wants access to the RP bloodstock, news and racecards.

I'm guessing there is no solution.

Utter tosh, and probably the worst suggestion of all! Surely doing less work is more likely to ultimately give him daytime access to the RP (on his computer at home!), Barry. :)

Back