CFarell - 21.38

Bar the Bull - 0
Gareth Flynn - 0
Shadow Leader - 0
Monty - 0
Trackside528 - 0
Backhander - 0

Cheers Euro. Nice work Galileo.

Not sure about the scoring system, the only person to name both classic winners languishing in fifth :D

Crikey! I've only just seen this.... better start taking the next two Classics a bit more seriously!
Well done to Gal for being so bold - fortune favours the brave indeed :D

PS after a couple of hours work or so - Feeling desperately frustrated as neither of the two colts I want to put up for the Derby is going to run, and neither is at least one of the fillies :brows:

Standings after Four Classics:

Headstrong - 659.13
Imagine - 304.75
Galileo - 298
Shadow Leader - 215
Venusian - 210.63

Landlark - 189.25
Betsmate - 187.5
Melendez - 138.75

WelshWizard1973 - 86.38
topcat - 67.5
Arkwright - 63.75
Clivex - 63.75
ChrisBeek - 51.5

Trackside528 - 26
Bar the Bull - 26
Jft2005 - 25
CFarell - 21.38

Monty - 0
Gareth Flynn - 0
Backhander - 0

Final Standings

1st - Headstrong - 659.13
2nd - Imagine - 304.75

Galileo - 298
The Cardiffian - 234
Shadow Leader - 215
Venusian - 210.63

Landlark - 189.25
Betsmate - 187.5
Melendez - 138.75

WelshWizard1973 - 86.38
topcat - 67.5
Arkwright - 63.75
Clivex - 63.75
Trackside528 - 60
ChrisBeek - 51.5

Bar the Bull - 26
Jft2005 - 25
CFarell - 21.38

Monty - 0
Gareth Flynn - 0
Backhander - 0

Well done to the winners. Headstrong gets a free £25 bet on either the Arc or Cambridgeshire. Imagine gets £10 on the Arc. PM me or post your selection on here.

Many thanks to Euro indeed! And to all who kept going today -

It's the first comp of this kind I've won, and I feel very privileged in view of the forum's expertise to have won this.

PS I will have a think regarding the bet and where to put it - will of course put it up so you can all have a larf!

Any advice welcomed LOL

Last edited:
Congrats Headstrong, best of luck with your free bet.

Thanks Euro for running it, much appreciated.

Last edited:
I'll thank anyone you like ts! And thanks for the congrats.
I'm thrilled to bits, though I'm not sure I had any Divine help on this occasion!

I've only just seen this! Well done Heads! How long have I got to choose something for the Arc?! Haven't been paying much attention to what might run etc so I'll have to go away and do some thinking...

Hi Euro

Decision time is coming up, and I'll almost certainly put my bet on the Cambridgehsire, unless I decide to go a bit mad and have it on Look Here for the Arc [currently 30 on BF, LOL, v tempting]

A couple of questions before I make my mind up:

- Does it all have to be a single bet - eg a win bet, or an straight e/w?
Or can I say have £20 win and £5 place?

- if I chose a longshot and the price were better on BF and it won, would that put you in the problem zone with the new BF % rules, or are you there anyway LOL?? I'm just wondering where to look at prices since I won't be going for any Favs

- How late can I leave it? - I don't want to lose a decent price so won't leave it too late, but both races seem pretty ground-dependent to me, and the weather is hard to predict. eg I love 25 miles form Nmkt, and it's alternating rain, some hard, and sunny windy spells....

- I presume I can have reserve in case of a last minute withdrawal/NR?

Cheers, and thanks for any further and better particulars ;)

HS

Very unoriginal I know but I just haven't got any kind of 'feeling' for the race this year at all.

But hopefully she'll run a nice race - hope everyone who's going over this year has a great time!

You can leave it as late as possible and the bet will be placed on Betfair so £20 win £5pl is fine.

cheers Euro.

Will decide later this evening as I'm having all sorts of wifi trouble [it's deleted itself and my landlord who has the password is in S Africa for thenext fortnight :rolleyes: so I can't currently re-instate it!] - will got the pub later and do my final research using their wifi and try to make my mind up!!

It will be on the Cambridgeshire, as I already have a bet on DOM at 11s for the Arc

I've spent many hours poring over the form and I'm only a bit the wiser!

I greatly fear the Prescott Two - I think Master Of Arts has been laid out for this, and his handicap mark protected; and I'm by no means sure he really does need slow ground - after all he's never raced on anything other than softish, on turf, and who knows what the Baronet has up his sleeve? For all we know he might be a monster on GF LOL

Caravel will love the ground, but is he race fit? His form this year is not nearly so good as last, but it is his 'time of year' and Chris says he's started flying up the gallops. I'm also a bit put off by his very low draw, it hasn't seemed today to be favouring horses. I think he will get a place though. In fact I think they both might!

But taking *everything* into account: trip, and winning form at it; the going; the yard and horse form, the draw, and feeling the race will favour one which runs up with the pace (and stays out of trouble), I've decided to go for YADDREE. He's also been lucky for me :rolleyes:

He's coming in now so could you please put me £20 to win on Yaddree asap

I'd also like a £5 Place bet on Caravel

Many thanks to Euro, and good luck all, inc to Imagine with ?her Arc bet

Thanks Euro!

Should have posted earlier, I've been having trouble getting online, Caravel was 5.6 the place when I posted last Arrgghh!! Someone else must have been studying hard and taking advice LOL

PS Are you sure you did Caravel e/w and not Yadree?? - who is c3.5

Caravel still 5.4 and he hasn't gone below 5 the place all day :D

Yeah, I fecked up there. Just placed £5 on Caravel @ 5.6:

Caravel Back 6245737493 04-Oct-08
07:28 C 5.6 5.00
Yaddree Back 6244594312 03-Oct-08
21:42 11.5 20.00
11.5 03-Oct-08 22:09

Back