Cliquey

I'd just like to add

I think I might have been a tad hasty in starting this thread, but I think you people have showed that I was a bit out of order and it's a great credit to you all that you haven't given me a bashing for suggesting cliqueyness.

I think most of us can be cliquey by nature, we all have people in real life we prefer to banter with...it's natural that this can carry forward to this sort of medium.

I have learnt a lot from some of the stuff thats been posted over the last few days...I might just need to be looking at myself rather than others in regard to how I myself "integrate" within this medium.

When I started this thread I thought I was making a point that needed saying, now I am not so sure.

thanks.

Originally posted by EC1@Dec 10 2007, 07:25 PM
and it's a great credit to you all that you haven't given me a bashing for suggesting cliqueyness.

We took a vote.....

whenever Ms Hislop turns up, as she does occasionally, the masturbatory rush of gentlemen posters thinking that she's physically there wanting to be their friend can be quite embarrassing.
VEN..... don't get carried away mate its another AN CAPALL......NON DE PLUME...
he appears in so many guises on so many forums........... :laughing:

Originally posted by Galileo@Dec 10 2007, 06:29 PM
To be honest I am not sure what else can be done to remove the "cliquey" label that has come with this forum in the past. I think a couple of years ago it might well have been valid or had some foundation but not anymore. The forum has done it's bit, now its up to the individual members to pull their socks up, be brave and get stuck in.
Galileo is right. There is a vast improvement on this forum from a few years back. Yes, there is still a small clique made up from different people than the last clique. On the whole, this forum is a lot friendlier now and it's very rare there are major fall outs. The moderators have done alot to make it easier to post without having to be careful who you may upset and if you do perhaps over step the mark, someone steps in quickly to diffuse any potentially difficult situations.

Well done Mods you have got the moderating on this forum off to a fine art! :clap:

Im been deported from the Irish clique,anyone fancy setting up a French clique?No?Just me then??
All the more attention focused on my opinions so,might start topics and then reply to them myself :nuts:

I haven’t been lurking long enough to see the issues raised by EC1’s thread. I do feel I should mention I’m really glad to read through something like this with every reply calm, normal and non-defensive.

I say this because I used to post at a forum that developed an extremely strong clique, ruled by some really controlling and manipulative people. It came to pass if anyone was to post something like EC1 did they would have been torn apart and held up for ridicule. Absolutely insane behaviour that eventually killed the forum.

Originally posted by Kathy+Dec 10 2007, 10:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kathy @ Dec 10 2007, 10:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Galileo@Dec 10 2007, 06:29 PM
To be honest I am not sure what else can be done to remove the "cliquey" label that has come with this forum in the past. I think a couple of years ago it might well have been valid or had some foundation but not anymore. The forum has done it's bit, now its up to the individual members to pull their socks up, be brave and get stuck in.
Galileo is right. There is a vast improvement on this forum from a few years back. Yes, there is still a small clique made up from different people than the last clique. On the whole, this forum is a lot friendlier now and it's very rare there are major fall outs. The moderators have done alot to make it easier to post without having to be careful who you may upset and if you do perhaps over step the mark, someone steps in quickly to diffuse any potentially difficult situations.

Well done Mods you have got the moderating on this forum off to a fine art! :clap: [/b][/quote]
Juat don't call anyone a prat.

I am just minding me own buisness and I get picked on again!! Unfair.

Why do you want people to poke me with a snooker stick? I never killed any horses.

Back