Comply Or Lose Your Licence!

betfair has allowed us to see the criminals that were always there...it's not their fault if the punishment is not enough

it's simple...you either have hidden corruption as we have always had...or we get to know the names of those that are corrupt

you seem a big fan of bookmakers Chris...are these the fine upstanding citizens that gave trainers ...no lose..accounts?

those accounts are an absolute disgrace and those that benefit/benefitted are stealing money from people..they are just thieves...but you say that sort of theiving is acceptable...because only a few can do it...and its unseen???

you have a strange idea of right and wrong imo

I've never met any trainer with a no lose account myself EC1, as you seem to give the impression there are maybe you would like to inform people.

there were a number of trainers on ..I think one of the panorama's a couple of years ago ...that were accused of having them

and if they didn't have them...they certainly reacted in rather a strange way when asked about them :p

i suppose they didn't really exist then? ;)

I think myself that denying their existence is a little naive...you know as well as I do that before betfair the game was all nice and incestous..lets keep all the info to ourselves..mentality

well ..times change...the games been opened up a bit...and those that were happy before...aren't half squawking loudest now..strangely...it's the good old bookie shouting loudest...i wonder why;)

game is all about information...it's either shared around a bit...or it's kept amongst the chosen few...personally...I like to know who the people are that like cheating money out of others

basically the game is a can of maggots...it used to have a lid on it..so nobody really knew what was inside

then betfair comes along...and whips the lid off

oh dear..now it's there for all to see...not pretty

hiding the maggots again

isn't my idea of improving it

here is a little bit i found on the net:

2. Bookmakers had in the past offered "no-lose" betting accounts to trainers Panorama claimed that bookmaker Victor Chandler had sent letters to trainers Jimmy Fitzgerald and Gay Kelleway, allegedly offering them free bets.

This practice was outlawed by the Jockey Club in 2001 and the bookmaker says it had long ago discontinued the practice.

which shows the "practice" did indeed exist at one time

this practice is cheating people out of money..it's fraud

never heard anyone complain of it when it was happening though...because none of us daft sods knew about it...so thats alright then?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
But like I said EC1 I doubt anyone has them now and tbh I wouldn't see how corruption could be brought into a no lose acocunt. The only one who can lose is the bookmaker as a trainer may back something and if it gets beat only one party loses.

I also couldn't imagine bookmakers continuing with the said account if the strike rate wasnt good.

Please find me somewhere in my post that I say bookmakers are good EC1, I actually stated I cant get bets on with bookmakers but if firms would take my bets I would rather use them than Betfair.

...you don't watch Panorama then, do you?! :D

Nah saw the last one, but it doesn't really interest me tbh. It's quite easy to learn who you would trust and who you wouldn't on you horses and I would rather back my own judgement. My horses are always there to run the best they can. I would hardly want to throw 700 - 1000 quid away every time we run, it makes no sense to me. I'm in the sport to win.

But like I said EC1 I doubt anyone has them now and tbh I wouldn't see how corruption could be brought into a no lose acocunt. The only one who can lose is the bookmaker as a trainer may back something and if it gets beat only one party loses.

you really don't know how a bookie benefits from those accounts Chris?

really?

you have surprised me there

I'm sure you are right ..maybe they no longer exist...but the fact they did tells me that those within the game that did have them were not averse to cheating the public out of money by getting paid for inside info..info that would have clearly told the person giving the account when they could lay the arse out of a horse

you did give the impression to me that going back to just having bookies was a way of reducing corruption...I can't really see how that would be...never saw a bookie name anyone that was bent...betfair seem to be doing it on a regular basis...so to me having betfair let them sign up and get caught is the way forward imo.

these people are obviously not really bright by getting caught out by betfair...but..without betfair who is going to spot them and name them?

crooks have just thought it easier to use betfair...when in fact it was actually easier to get away with it before betfair existed

Last edited:
2. Bookmakers had in the past offered "no-lose" betting accounts to trainers Panorama claimed that bookmaker Victor Chandler had sent letters to trainers Jimmy Fitzgerald and Gay Kelleway, allegedly offering them free bets. This practice was outlawed by the Jockey Club in 2001 and the bookmaker says it had long ago discontinued the practice.

And how pray did this practice become public? By trainers refusing to get involved and making the approaches public, surely. I think there is far less skulduggery than there was, and what there is can usually be identified even by 'inside rumour' - ie some trainers, jockeys and owners are 'known to be bent'. That must be stamped out - btw I don't include brilliant handicap readers/players like Sir Mark P in that group, only those who distort races deliberately.

The BHA 'initiative' is patronising, unrealistic, and displays only that the young tyros trying to call the shots there understand nothing about the sport whatever, esp the people involved in it spending their own money. The idea that trainers can be told not to tell even the owners how their horse is going to run, let alone other people connected with the yard, is so ludicrous it beggars belief.

I'd say only to EC1 and Honest Tom that no-one is obliged to bet on the horses. If you do, you make sure you are as well informed as possible.

And how pray did this practice become public?

speaking personally, first I heard of it was when it was aired on panorama

I think there is far less skulduggery than there was,

which coincides with the existence of betfair..how many people have been identified as bent since betfair started exposing them? How many before betfair were exposed?

going back to the bad old days of bookies running the "information show" would be the worse possible scenario imo

Back