Elusive Wave 7/2
Rainbow View 6/1
Again 8/1
Cuis Ghaire 9/1
Reggane 10/1
Lahaleeb 12/1
Heart Shaped 16/1
25/1 Bar

Ghanaati seems a very generous price, I expected her to be around the 10/11 mark. I'd rather be backing her at that price than MCM at Evens in the St James Palace. She bolted up at Newmarket in a very good time and I rate that way above the French Guineas form.

Who's going to be first to suggest Rainbow View is a big price given her class? :p

Two prices stand out for me......Ghanaati at 2/1 and Heart Shaped at 16/1.

Ghanaati looks a potential top notcher to me, I was really impressed with her at Newmarket and she looks the type to continue improving with racing.

Heart Shaped will appreciate going around a bend over a mile and much like Mastercraftsman she did not handle the dip at Newmarket at Guineas day.

Rainbow View has to be taken on, as does Again on faster ground.

Two prices stand out for me......Ghanaati at 2/1 and Heart Shaped at 16/1.

I knew you'd say that. :p

Ghanaati seems a crazy price, I fully expected Evens at best. I'll see how today goes for funds but considering a decent bet. She's a cut above on form and my figures.

I knew you'd say that. :p

Ghanaati seems a crazy price, I fully expected Evens at best. I'll see how today goes for funds but considering a decent bet. She's a cut above on form and my figures.

Maybe I am being too predictable...but go watch how Heart Shaped travelled in the Guineas until the dip when she got a bit lost. 16/1 is far too big when you consider she was a nose off Rainbow View on the day and has had the benefit of a break since rather than the Oaks run a few days ago. The round mile will also suit her.

But like you I am also very keen on Ghanaati.

Also, Heart Shaped looked very well at Newmarket I thought but I can't see her landing a blow with Ghanaati.

Heart Shaped still hanging after 8 runs and looks to be unbalanced and vulnerable under a fierce paced mile were she gets tired. I would like to see Heart Shape droppd back to 7f because there will be a race for her and possibly even over 6f as she has shown to handle a good early pace

Elusive Wave has been punted today. I'm inclined to bite TDK's hand of to get some 11/4 Ghanaati, despite there being reasons to downgrade the Guineas form. She's a filly I like a lot, and I'd be disappointed if she's not still progressive.

I'm very keen on Ghanaati but Angus Gold's comments have put me off a bit, not very bullish...

"The plan was always to keep her for this and it looks like the race of the meeting, really. It's going to take a lot of winning," said Gold.

"I'd like to think she can continue to improve and she's going to have to be at her very best to cope with this as it is not just one or two - top fillies seem to be spread right across the board.

"There is the French Guineas winner, the Irish Guineas winner, the Aga Khan's filly that was supplemented [Baliyana] and I like Reggane a lot as well, so there is real strength in depth.

"It's too early to say which of the Guineas was the strongest, but I personally am very impressed with Elusive Wave.

"I know David Wachman quietly fancies his filly [Again] and she is obviously tough as she had to be to win in that awful ground at the Curragh.

"Hopefully Ghanaati will take a bit of beating but you can never be confident in a race of this quality. She is alreadya star as far as we're concerned as she's won a Classic and it would be nice to see if she can go on."

I wouldnt see his comments as a negative. Agree with him though, it looks a great renewal to me. Repeating myself but the Hamdan filly is a great win bet and Heart Shape is a cracking place price imo.

Ghanaati looks a solid favourite and 11/4 or bigger would look a rather tasty price.

Of the others, Again looks over-priced. She might not have the pace of a few of the others, but 10/1 is a solid E/W bet about a filly with the level of form she has already displayed. She will go on the ground.

Nothing wrong with Gold's assessment at all. Perhaps he's just a bit more thoughtful and realistic about a competitive race then some of the more vocal connections who spout 101 superlatives about their horses prior to a race. In fact if I'd been asked to assess her chances I think that's close to what I'd have leant towards saying. He hasn't highlighted anything negative, just said that he thinks its a tough race, that it had been the plan after Guineas, and she'll need to be at her best. No indication to suggest he doesn't think she will be, but there's always an element of doubt - this is horse racing afterall.

Sounds like a very pragmatic and down to earth assessment. To be honest I'd say he was cautiously optimistic. You don't back a horse on the grounds of whose got the biggest afterall. It's the kind of comment you probably associate with John Oxx

Thought Heart Shaped was going to land me a nice punt but looks like she does not stay a mile.

Think the winner is certainly up to taking on the colts.

Back