Craven Meeting

Yes, a very nice performance from Eminent and immediate post-race quotes of 14/1 for the Guineas were understandably snapped up. The time was good - 121 by my calculations which is better than anything Churchill has done so far. War Decree was very disappointing. Coolmore's representative apparently suggested he was badly in need of the race which is something we might have been told beforehand.

I thought Benbatl ran really well and wonder if 7f might be his best trip. Wouldn't write Larchmont Lad off, either - came out best of those on the far side. A mile might stretch him, too.

I generally agree with you but a note of caution to bear in mind with regards to the Craven time - there was a hell of a tailwind on the Rowley Mile yesterday.

I generally agree with you but a note of caution to bear in mind with regards to the Craven time - there was a hell of a tailwind on the Rowley Mile yesterday.

I would be very surprised if gus hadn't already factored that in, Cruella. I'll crunch some numbers myself in due course but would be surprised if they ended up much different.

Yes, a very nice performance from Eminent and immediate post-race quotes of 14/1 for the Guineas were understandably snapped up. The time was good - 121 by my calculations which is better than anything Churchill has done so far. War Decree was very disappointing. Coolmore's representative apparently suggested he was badly in need of the race which is something we might have been told beforehand.

I thought Benbatl ran really well and wonder if 7f might be his best trip. Wouldn't write Larchmont Lad off, either - came out best of those on the far side. A mile might stretch him, too.

Aidan O'Brien said in his ATR stable tour that War Decree had done so well over the winter that he would need a run to tighten him up (his words). Surprising that he went off favourite.

Really surprised by BHA's assessment of the meeting.
Eminent is rated 3 pounds inferior to whitecliffsofdover now.
Cant wait to see Tricorn on a racecourse again.

Cant wait to see Tricorn on a racecourse again.

Agreed, looks like he thrives on a strongly run race and there should be a bit more mileage in his mark yet.
I'd imagine John Gosden will send him for the race at the Guineas meeting that Taqdeer won last year.

Back