Curragh Today

Guest_

At the Start
Stunning day - heading over later. Have backed Song Of My Heart this morning and will go in again depending on her price ontrack.

Looked really good last season prior to disappointing on a fast surface. Ground will be ideal today, yard showed signs of coming to hand at Dundalk and is the type to do well in these early season soft ground races in Ireland or possibly France.

Alfred Nobel has stamina and ground concerns for me.

In the Gladness Rayeni looks the obvious one and the most likely winner but Vocalised looked really good this time last year before being run into the ground. He is sure to be fit and ready to go well today.

do you think all AOB's are ripe for laying this afternoon?..particularly seasonal debs...he traditionally starts slowly..and at the moment he is 1/25..9 of those were less than 4/1.

just a thought

I like the look of Song Of My Heart the only down side is that she's a filly and anything can happen with them this time of the year. I know it's not at the Curragh but Stonemaster at Limerick is ment to go close today

Well done Dylan Thomas on picking out Stonemaster. I think Wachman's need the run. That Hen Night seemed to improve an awful lot for its first run so would expect Song of My Heart to come on a lot. Oxx's three year olds appear to be very forward, maybe because he thought they were no good last year so get them fit, out and racing. Comer comes up with another shock result!! Its been a good few weeks for them with their gamble in the UK winning too.

Got to be some kind of each way steal in the Alleged with F&G carrying his Group 1 penalty on his reappearence and Gan Amhras having done so poorly since the Guineas.

If you can forgive his runs on Tapeta in Dubai, Raise Your Heart is interesting at a biggish price based on his form last backend. Might manage to stick around for a place?

That was a quite shocking ride from Murtagh on Fame and Glory - hardly pushed him out let alone the fact he did not even give him one smack.

God I was roaring at the screen a furlong and a half out. 3.4 for a place and was looking at the 6.0 without F&G. Ah well, happy with that. Same as last season, down the field first day, wins second day. If she gets her ground during the Summer she wil do well again. Deegan nearly landed the gamble with Pop Murphy and my one to take out of it is Dixie Music who just got tired and would appreciate nicer ground.

Deegan horse ran a blinder - was put up by a tipping line at 50/1 but he's having an awesome start to the season and looked like Popmurphy would get swallowed up.

Deegan's Celtic Soprano is a real improver - rated 51 last June, probably in the high 80s now.

I thought the exercise gallops were a couple of weeks ago? I think the rides of a couple of O'Brien horses today show some serious integrity issues and whilst not for one minute would I suggest any rules have been broken, no serious bettor can have faith that any of these O'Brien horses are going to be ridden as forcefully as their rivals.

The ride of Fame And Glory was nothing short of a disgrace and it is taking the piss out of punters by getting them fit on the racecourse. The camera angle for Alfred Noble's race wasn't the best and he did seem to be lifting his head in the air, so I can accept there could be extenuating circumstances there, I just think it is a really poor show from Coolmore to use the racecourse as a schooling ground.

Really strange to see Murtagh on Oracle after seeing Samuel Morse in the flesh who looked a fitter and much scopier horse than his chosen mount.

The ride of Fame And Glory was not nice viewing.

Hmm. But if, as you said in the other thread, he blew up, he's not going to go any faster for being vigorously ridden and whipped, is he? Or is it a case of having to be seen to be doing something?

O'Brien has to shoulder the blame rather than Murtagh, he is the one sending manifestly unfit horses to the racecourse and telling his stable jockey not to knock them about. It really is unacceptable that O'Brien chose to send a horse with such a superior level of form to his rivals in such a state that he was unable to win a race like that. I hope he gets stuffed in the Ganay.

The Irish Turf Club would need a pair of testicles for that. There is scant evidence through various integrity matters over the last few seasons of that being the case.

Though having said that, I think it would be hard to make a strong case for any rules being broken today, bar perhaps questioning whether Murtagh took all reasonable masures to ensure he gained the best possible placing.

Last edited:
Back