Curragh Today

You could be forgiven for thinking O'Brien/Magnier & Co run Irish racing and I think that view was factored into the price. If he was a penalty kick he wouldn't have been 2/5. Listen, hardly the first time he has sent one to the track under-cooked is it?

Nope. Their arrogance knows no bounds. I usually prefer to see others win the top races because of things like this and that Haradasun thing.

You could be forgiven for thinking O'Brien/Magnier & Co run Irish racing and I think that view was factored into the price. If he was a penalty kick he wouldn't have been 2/5. Listen, hardly the first time he has sent one to the track under-cooked is it?

why are people surprised?..its obvious at this time of year as in other years..they lay material

Really strange to see Murtagh on Oracle after seeing Samuel Morse in the flesh who looked a fitter and much scopier horse than his chosen mount.

I'm no great judge but Samuel Morse looked a nice animal in the preparade while Oracle seemed more interested in the fillies!

Plenty of focus on O'Brien on this thread but it really is a time to tread carefully on that heavy ground. Bolger and Weld nags were very disappointing. Stunning View was well punted and ran a shocker, as did Vocalised who I backed. Gan Amhras was also very disappointing.

Great scenes after young O'Neill's win on Deegans horse and I'd keep an eye on Rocket Man. That looked a strong enough maiden, he was big, they backed the stablemate, but he still won and had a good blow (and a sweat on) afterwards.

Weld had a few punted at the last meeting that bombed out too. He's really a Leopardstown man so just wait till the ground dries out and he heads there. Bolgers seem to be in an out. Some running well and others terribly. Maybe the ground as he has gone very US with the breeding lines.

Given the facilities and galloping companions available at Ballydoyle they have no excuse for using the racecourse as a training ground.

There is a fine line, but I agree with those who think that it was crossed on Sunday, especially in the case of FAG. The horse was unfit, was not asked to even stretch and did no more than you'd see in a home gallop.

I'm not saying that horses have to be at peak fitness when they go to the track, or that jockeys should always try to extact the maximum rather than accept defeat, and we all want to see top class horses run in public, but they should at least be fit enough to compete.

Coolmore may have been the sponsors, but there has to be a limit to which even they can be allowed to undermine the credibility of a pattern race.

Back