Daily Mail

Times is very good in certain areas (sport, overseas news, columnists) but slipping far too much towards crap coverage in other areas.

Get the Observer on Sundays too. Good paper

In fairness, the big two American papers are in a different league to any of the UK papers for foreign coverage. The New York Times in particular; it devotes probably more of its coverage to foreign coverage than US news.

I'm surprised you read The Observer (and not just because you think its sister paper is a Stalinist institution). The Sunday Times has always struck me as the strongest of the UK Sunday papers; business and sport a particularly good read.

I actually met Clive again for lunch last week - I could tell you but I don't think he would want the fact he is 66 thrown around a forum.

you two have lunch?..what you do ..bite lumps off each other?;)

if you had said 666 i might have believed you:)

Last edited:
In fairness, the big two American papers are in a different league to any of the UK papers for foreign coverage. The New York Times in particular; it devotes probably more of its coverage to foreign coverage than US news.

I'm surprised you read The Observer (and not just because you think its sister paper is a Stalinist institution). The Sunday Times has always struck me as the strongest of the UK Sunday papers; business and sport a particularly good read.

It is a sister paper but considerably less to the left. And in Andrew rawnsley and nick Cohen they have two fine columnists.

We get the Sunday times as well. It's. a fine paper in many ways. Simon Wilde is superb on cricket

Actually can't we move on. Really don't want this discussion

How about how to save 2p on a litre of anti freeze instead?

No, after having viewed the link.

Aha! :)

Have just viewed the link. In my minds eye, I had imagined our hero to be slightly thinner and slightly shabbier looking than he appears to be in this video. He actually looks reasonably normal - which suggests he used a stunt-double for the vid.

:D

you created a database Clive?...and you been calling me an anorak:)

seriously..you seem quite a knowledgeable chap..just shows how deceptive message boards can be:)

Last edited:
Disturbing number of comments regarding my (good) looks

Wouldn't mind ... but its all from the blokes

(As an aside i cant watch the fcking thing. its too weird for me. And i had a missing tooth and couldnt smile ...which made it odder still)

Last edited:
Back