dannys notebook

woggymac

At the Start
Following a poor tip on the dogs I've decided to stick to the horses for the time being!! I've got one fancy today and that comes in the 6.55 at southwell in the shape of Cape Kimberly.

The horse won over course and distance quite nicely back in November and the form is working out not too bad. He seemed to relish the surface that day and In my opinion is definitely best around southwell... He didn't seem to let himself down when third at wolverhampton 2 runs ago and then at ripon he was never going anywhere on turf. However I expect to see a much better show from him today around here under perfect conditions in what is a fairly poor race. He is handicapped nicely, he won off 68 and is now only rated 5 lbs higer which is in my eyes quite fair, as he was running off 74 at wolverhampton when finishing a close up third so this rating is well within his grasp. There was 2 winners come out of the wolverhampton race and won next time out so that form looks strong and in the context of this race Cape Kimberly looks set to go well off a nice weight. You can currently get around 14.2-1 on betfair so try and snap it up!!

Good luck with all your selections today.

I wouldn't be afraid to take on Island Oscar at odds on in the first at FL.Inhave a strong suspicion that he might lack tactical pace or maybe just unlucky.With McCoy riding an Irish raider I think he might start too short a price -anything under 4-5 and I am getting stuck in.

Needed all AP's strength and the length of the Ffos Las straight to win.I will be looking to take him on in a big way if he runs on a less demanding track-doesn't look a natural hurdler to me.

Back