Day 1 Bets

I did put it on Apples Jade. Was so close to the off, I almost did it blindly just at the value [emoji41]

Ditto at 4/1. As DO says we get another in the Neptune tomorrow.

Glad you got it on in time!

. sorry, just seen you had 7/2. Still a winner though.

Last edited:
1:30 Ballyandy
2:10 No bet
2:50 Holywell & Ibis Du Rheu
3:30 Buveur D'Air
4:10 Apples Jade
4:50 Beware The Bear & Arbre De Vie
5:30 Tully East & Gold Present

I've also got a couple of e/w multiples involving some of the above along with Ch'tibello & Forest Bihan

A day of two halves most certainly. Well up for the day but could have been so much better. Had a Trixie on Buveur D'Air, Apples Jade & Beware The Bear. The last never went a yard unfortunately.

Bets
[TABLE="width: 759"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]1.30[/TD]
[TD]½ pt ew Beyond Conceit 22/1; ½ pt ew 16/1 w/o Melon[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2.10[/TD]
[TD]¼ pt win Ordinary World 20/1 w/o Altior[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2.50[/TD]
[TD]1 pt win Holywell 11/1; ½ pt win each of Un Temps Pour Tout 16/1; Henri Parry Morgan 12/1; Go Conquer 22/1; The Druids Nephew 9/1; Singlefarmpayment 13/2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3.30[/TD]
[TD]No more bets. Ante-post commitments on Brain Power (25s,l/o 10s), Sceau Royal (w/ew 33/1), MTOY (w33/1), Ch’tibello (w40s)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4.10[/TD]
[TD](w/o Limini) ¼ pt win Pass The Time 80/1, ¼ pt win Rock On The Moor 33/1, ¼ pt win Indian Stream 40/1 (firms offering ew further halved these prices so I just went with the riskier bets)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4.50[/TD]
[TD]1 pt win Edwulf 11/2; ½ pt win Bigbadjohn 14/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]5.30[/TD]
[TD]1 pt ew Mixboy 25/1; 1 pt win Gold Present 12/1; ½ pt win Two Taffs 10/1[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Haven’t decided about multiples but will almost certainly dabble.

** Coral were going 10/1 Melon at 7.10am. Had to take that, just in case… then laid it at 4.4

I’ve been up since 5.30am and didn’t realise it was still quite early. If I’d waited until 10am I’d have got the price match with B365 and the free bet concession.

Great. You find a 16/1 winner and still end up down.

I've had better starts to Cheltenham and I've had worse.

Plenty of very good runs for my money and optimistic about the rest of the week.

1.30 River Wylde 8/1
Melon 9/2
2.10 No bet (yet) but Altior in multiples with Douvan and Limini
2.50 Singlefarmpayment 13/2
3.30 Brain Power 25/1 AP
4.10 Limini in multiple with Altior and Douvan
4.50 Beware the Bear 8/1
5.30 Foxtail Hill 7/1 and Mixboy 25/1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worst festival day for several years. Compounded by the fact I went put my £20 refund off Skybet on Buveur but changed my mind to Yanworth. Doh! Especially as I'd put him as a horse to oppose in the other thread. Also got tempted in by Betfred going 4/1 about Ballyandy. Was that a shockingly inept ride or is that just pocket talk?

1.30 Ballyandy and Crack Mome @ 100/30 & 9s utilising the money back offer from Sky and Betway - wouldn't have a bet otherwise. Free Bets if applicable will go on Yanworth

2.10 Min and Buveur D'Air Ante-Post

2.50 Singlefarmpayment @ 14s AP and Holywell @ 12s

3.30 Yanworth @ 20s on down AP (average price 8s) Buveur D'air @ 5s and Brain Power @ 7s in a double with North Hill Harvey (County) also L'ami Serge AP

4.10 Apple's Jade @ 5s and 9/2

4.50 Arpege D'alene @ 14s and 16s

Pleased overall. Singlefarmpayment was a bit of a choker and my staking with Yanworth and Buveur D'Air was slanted heavily in the former's camp but I always prioritise the horses I'm really well in on ante-post so no complaints. Apple's Jade was a big buzz - best race of the day and I thought she was going to be done up the hill. Nicely up on the day.

Had place money on Ordinary World and Arpege, win on Apples Jade - about even overall. Bring on day 2!

Thought I had a shocking day, lost on every bet possible I've done today.
Check my Skybet account and I did a Buv, Apples Jade, Might Bite, Douvan 4timer. Will put me in profit for the full week of it comes off, even if everything else lost. Gambling intoxicated COULD pay off. Here's hoping anyway.

Back