Day 4 Bets

Well, after a miserable day yesterday need to regroup today. Have on the fringe and death duty key to AP multiples.

However, today I am on:

Charli Parcs
Augusta Kate
Ivanovich Gorbachov
Winter Escape
Battleford
Tommy Silver

Poor day for me yesterday also after two really good ones

2.10 North Hill Harvey ew for 6 places @ 8/1

2.50 Monalee ew @ 9/1

3.30 Djakadam - @ 10/1 AP also Sizing John @ 11 in the place market and Outlander @ 12/1

The Triumph Hurdle:

Always been one of my favourites I love to watch these up and coming juveniles

Defi Du Seuil has done nothing wrong and obviously has a lot of ability. The best thing for hurdling were if he were to win and be Challenging Buveur D'air for his crown next year
However the entire brigade he has faced have won 2 poxy races between them and that has to be a concern in anyone's book
He's becoming a backable price but for me he's stake covering bet and nothing else.

Needless to say I have already backed Charli Parcs at big odds and while most lost confidence in him I have followed Nicky Henderson long enough to know how he trains them.

First off no way would he have been 100% for the Adonis. After their first meeting Nicky like most would have been very surprised if Master Blueyes could get near Charli even if he was only 90% fit.
He had destroyed the horse at Kempton and there was no need to be working the backside off him. What they never expected was him to hit that flat spot but according to Barry he was dossing and Fehily said he did the same with him.

What I took out of the race is Master Blueyes is a lot better than anything Defi beat and I still think Charli is 7 lbs better than Master Blueyes and when they hit the straight in the Triumph and Noel says go this race is over.

Charli Parcs already @ AP prices add a saver on Defi seems the sensible thing to do.

2.10 I had to look 3 times to make sure I wasn't dreaming when I saw Mick Jazz 2/1 to be in the first 5. He has been out of the first 3 twice in his life and is a model of consistency.

2.10 I've never even seen Death Duty (Nap) run and I don't intend to look before todays race. I trust the judgement of a very good Irish friend who tells the man himself told him to have his balls on.

GOLD CUP.

Like most I have tossed it round in my head dozens of times. I hope that at the end of the day like in the Champion I have done the right thing.

Cue Card: You have to love the horse but I am jumping ship (Will have a sentimental bet to cover my ass)

I simply lost faith in him when he was badly beaten in the King George with no other excuse than he just isn't as good as he once was.

It's all well and fine saying he bounced back but that race at Ascot had more place at Powderhall dog track than it did as part of a Gold Cup build up.

I'm not convinced winning that race proves he's back to his best.

Djakadam is a fooking boat I hate the horse. He's akward looking one paced and almost always finds one too good for him when it really matters.

But there lies the problem if not Cue Card what? Can't have Sizing John over this trip it's too big a gamble for my liking

Native River is a handicapper and could easily be running a grade too high.

You could look to More of That but he's no synchronized and simply isn't tough enough to be winning a Gold Cup.

Jonjo's magic will struggle to get Minella Roccoo round safely and he's no Syncronized either,

There some of these will run so badly backing Tea For Two to be in the first 4 or 5 is probably a smart bet> Lizzie Kelly will be aiming for just that

But I have to go with Djakadam even is it is racing blasphemy

4.10 Don't know enough about this so will dutch Ask The Weatherman and On The Fringe at 5/4

4.50 Huge confidence behind No Comment I will join in BUT EW if I can get a better price

5.10 The AMEN h'cap chase and another year gone

If Le Prezien wins this I'll eat my own ass Davy Russell Dandridge EW has been laid out for this and is a knocking bet to be concerned in the finish

1.30 Charli Parcs AP 10/1
2.10 Mick Jazz 10/1
Also Wakea 33/1
2.50 Wholestone AP 10/1
Tommy Rapper 33/1
3.30 Djakadam AP 10/1
Native River AP 8/1
4.10 Wonderful Charm 5/1
4.50 RunforDave 10/1
Coo Star Sivola 12/1
5.30 Rock the World 11/1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bets (excl ante-post)

½ pt win Landofhopeandglory 14/1; ½ pt win Soldier In Action 28/1
(varying stakes) Arctic Fire, North Hill Harvey, Ivanovich Gorbatov, Mick Jazz, De Name Escapes Me, Wait For Me, Jaleo and Ozzie The Oscar.
Augusta Kate?
½ pt Smad Place place-only 12/1
3 pts win Wonderful Charm 11/2
1 pt win Protek Des Flos 25/1; ½ pt win Tagliatelle 25/1
(Varying stakes) Rock The World, Le Prezien, Bright New Dawn, Theinval, Solita and Mick Thonic

<tbody>
</tbody>

Good luck, everyone :)

Bets (excl ante-post)

(varying stakes) Arctic Fire, North Hill Harvey, Ivanovich Gorbatov, Mick Jazz, De Name Escapes Me, Wait For Me, Jaleo and Ozzie The Oscar.
Augusta Kate?
(Varying stakes) Rock The World, Le Prezien, Bright New Dawn, Theinval, Solita and Mick Thonic

<tbody>
</tbody>

What's your best two in the 2.10?

Master Blueyes put a similar distance/weight ratio gap over Evening Hush that Defi Du Seuil did. The difference between the two was the manner in which they did it; Blueyes traveled; ominously well throughout, and in my opinion would have beaten Charli Parcs despite the fall...all of these horses would still have had a little bit to work on, so cant have that as an excuse, and Charli has the memory of the fall to overcome. Defi was tough, battled and kept digging out more....

The Irish horses will Force the pace through Mega Fortune, he employed that tactic to good effect in reversing the form with Bapaume, form that ignoring Landofhopeandglory's heavy ground defeat last time, would see him in the shake up. The guesswork here comes in sorting out which is the better form; Irish or English, I think the Irish will set it up...I'm siding with the English form and I picture Defi out battling Blueyes up the hill, Landofhopeandglory filling the places.

Can't be worse than yesterday:-

Charli Parcs

Wait For Me
Song Light
Crievehill

Monalee
Penhill

Native River
Minella Rocco

On The Fringe
Sweet As A Nut

No Comment
Castello Sforza

Velvet Maker
Calipto
Theinval
All win bets in the last. No-one wants place money in the Grand Annual.

Fair enough, I didn't think the horse was as good as that. Charli Parcs a massive disappointment, blown a big hole in my winnings from Tuesday that.

I've got two multiples outstanding from AP, both have On the fringe in, unfortunately the bigger pay out one is also has Native River in which I am not sure why I threw it in.

Bets (excl ante-post)

Augusta Kate?

<tbody>
</tbody>

Good shouting as usual Mo. I did 6 x 6 e/w doubles in the 2.10 & 4.50. I left Ozzie out of the perm!!

Thanks ] followed you with Ozzie....
Bets (excl ante-post)

Augusta Kate?
Thanks; last minute decided to follow you on Ozzie ew....
<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:
Cheers, Slim.

I was shouting on Ozzie more than anything else. I had 130 on the exchange and 12/1 place only as well as the win-only bet on Arctic Fire.

That really hurts on Monalee. To get the fav beat and get run over by a sack of **** handicapper like that really grates.

All I can say is thank God for Buv winning on day one and SLim's shout on Fayonagh otherwise my cupboards would be bare!!!!!

I'm having a stinker, haven't been able to buy a win since then.

I think she should have won. But in her defence, the she was pushing him with about a mile and a half to go and there wasn't much immediate response. Not sure the horse quite had the speed to keep up at that point - however, should never have been that far back to begin with.

Back