Derby

Have to do this now as otherwise I might miss out if not home in time - but I've no idea however who to go for! Several good colts at the top of the market but a few are very unexposed, ie very inexperienced for this massive mental and physical test.

Speaking of which, will New Approach boil over and lose his race before he starts it? He's the best horse in the race, but will he be in a fit state given he's not been trained for this, to show it?

I'm very tempted by Dr Freemantle - he's won twice on G/F but being by Sadlers Wells who is in the immediate breeding of so many Derby winners and whose offspring like some cut I wonder if this test might be ideal for him? Ryan M however has chosen elsewhere... So! - with no confidence whatever:

TARTAN BEARER 7/2 Ladbrokes & VC Bet
NEW APPROACH 5/1 with Sporting Bet [acc RP betting site, 9/2 more generally]

Reserve in case of withdrawals! Dr Freemantle

Because of the down time we have very few entries in the Derby. I got the following off of FF:

Shadow Leader: King Of Rome and Doctor Freemantle.

Gareth Flynn: Casual Conquest and Tajaaweed

I'm now 6/8 iirc so would prob be invincible anyway, but to be sporting, can you not take what people can demonstrate they fancied from the thread? Otherwise it makes it kind of unfair

It's poss that even if someone got the Leger 1/2 they might not catch me though!
And I intend to get the Leger 1/2 myself :p

Maybe you could include poor Venusian who was lying joint second with me before the weekend, and had to move house!

Back